Need suggestions on upgrading my P2V

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 2 Vision last year. I discovered that I really need smoother videos. So I ordered a goodluckbuy GL-3X gimbal, which should arrive in a few weeks. I also ordered (and received) an SJ4000 camera, hoping that it would fit well enough in that gimbal. But now I realize that there may be no way to get video output from any camera other than P2V's own camera into the quad's video transmitter. So I'm going to need a transmitter. Can I receive the video from such a transmitter with my cell phone?

By the way, the gimbal supposedly has the control circuitry for its motors, but how do I actually control the rig? Currently the control for the P2V's native camera is done with the cell phone. Although I heard that newer P2Vs have a control channel on the transmitter for controlling the camera, I don't have that. Does my "older" transmitter have extra, unused channel that I could tap into?

Also, if I indeed have to transmit the video with an added transmitter, then how do I get my gps information, battery status, etc. displayed? It would be unwieldy to have a video screen plus a cell phone to look at!

Another issue: How do I control my SJ4000 camera? It has wifi, and it were nearby there's a cell phone application that can control it. But, given that it is on the heli, I wouldn't know what to do. Also, I don't want to have to switch to another cell phone app just to control the camera while flying anyway.

Thanks!!

They make gimbals just for the phantom vision camera. U could go that route.
Or you could get the live video out cable for the sj4000 and a new video transmitter. It will have to be a wifi transmitter tho if you want to use your phone. If you want batt volts and gps displays and such over the video, you need another osd unit like the SOSD or something like that. There is a lot of info on this forum about it, u just have to find it....browse. that's how I figured stuff out...lol. good luck.

Btw, the hidden 7th channel is for gimbal tilt control and you have to install a lever and activate it on the dji assistant application

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

I bought a Phantom 2 Vision last year. I discovered that I really need smoother videos. So I ordered a goodluckbuy GL-3X gimbal, which should arrive in a few weeks. I also ordered (and received) an SJ4000 camera, hoping that it would fit well enough in that gimbal. But now I realize that there may be no way to get video output from any camera other than P2V's own camera into the quad's video transmitter. So I'm going to need a transmitter. Can I receive the video from such a transmitter with my cell phone?

By the way, the gimbal supposedly has the control circuitry for its motors, but how do I actually control the rig? Currently the control for the P2V's native camera is done with the cell phone. Although I heard that newer P2Vs have a control channel on the transmitter for controlling the camera, I don't have that. Does my "older" transmitter have extra, unused channel that I could tap into?

Also, if I indeed have to transmit the video with an added transmitter, then how do I get my gps information, battery status, etc. displayed? It would be unwieldy to have a video screen plus a cell phone to look at!

Another issue: How do I control my SJ4000 camera? It has wifi, and it were nearby there's a cell phone application that can control it. But, given that it is on the heli, I wouldn't know what to do. Also, I don't want to have to switch to another cell phone app just to control the camera while flying anyway.

Thanks!!

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gl-3x-3-...roller-for-gopro-3-3-fpv-dji-phantom-1-2.html
Is this the gimbal you have?
If so all you need to hook it up is power . If you want to be able to tilt the camera up or down then you would need to have the tilt lever .you buy it in a kit for about $10.00 and install it on the back of your transmitter . The gimbal works on its own to keep the camera level.
I upgraded my rc to the new one with the tilt wheel on the front left,it also has a built in battery. I have a SJ4000 also .you can use a phone with wifi ,you just have to get the SJ app.

Wifi on those cams has serious lag tho. Like a few seconds or so depending on distance and on the cam u get

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Thanks so much for all these replies! I didn't see them until now. I have lost my P2V in a sagebrush area and haven't been able to find it. I should have just taken a photo and transmitted it back to me to get the GPS coordinates. I wonder if someone has stolen it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers