need some info

Reaction score
After I get green steady flash And have established home I lift off and is very solid then it started drifting and felt like I was constantly working it to maintain stability. I noticed that I now was getting green _ green green_green_green green ?any idea why this is going on? It has been calibrated.

It is more stable in atti then in gps mode could it be weather or cloud cover?keep getting green then double blink green every other blink ?

Is it the first time out? My first flight went just like this and made me nervous to get about 10'. Anyhow I as told to do another compass calibration and the get it up in the Air @30-40'. I did that and all seems to be fine now. Weird!

No not the first time .it just seems like gps is not hooking up even though the light show it is.some time light is out completely but still will fly

They drift. I often take off and let mine adjust for a bit till the drifting stops. I have noticed that the drifting is a little worse since I installed new landing gear. Wind also knocks them around or causes areas of high or low pressure around the phantom...which will cause it to drift up or down.

Do your compass calibration if you haven't already.

They drift around a little - maybe 6 to 10 feet max. The main thing is that it corrects itself instead of just drifting with the wind.

When it is booting up, you'll get a series of fast green lights, then a green with 3 or 4 yellows. As the GPS finds more satellites, it will change to a green and 3 yellows, then a green with 2 yellows, then a green with 1 yellow. Eventually you will get another series of fast greens and then a slow blinking green light. THEN it is safe to take off. Get it up in front of you and let it hover for a little bit just to make absolutely sure that it is going to stay pretty much in place.

It will not hold steady in gps It will fly better in atti very erattic in gps .in gps i get green light flash slow and steady then every other flash two blink flash some time no light at all?

darwin-t said:
They drift around a little - maybe 6 to 10 feet max. The main thing is that it corrects itself instead of just drifting with the wind.

Drawin is correct, the drift shouldn't be any greater than he has stated.

I understand that but when the green
Iight stay's steady blink blink blink it is ok but then it start's blinking double blinks every other blink .That is when it seems to break contact with satilite until steady blink again.

darwin-t said:
Do your compass calibration if you haven't already.

When it is booting up, you'll get a series of fast green lights, then a green with 3 or 4 yellows. As the GPS finds more satellites, it will change to a green and 3 yellows, then a green with 2 yellows, then a green with 1 yellow. Eventually you will get another series of fast greens and then a slow blinking green light. THEN it is safe to take off. Get it up in front of you and let it hover for a little bit just to make absolutely sure that it is going to stay pretty much in place.

I never get yellow flashes in startup unless it's in Atti mode. Just a series of green and red with 2 series of green rapid flashes(20 or so each time) then a pulsing green every 2 secs and then I lift er up. Should you get yellow flashes in GPS start up???

stony30 said:
Are you flying in a large open space or are there buildings or trees nearby ?

Not sure who your asking? But I usually fly in my subdivision and yes houses/tress etc... Are close by. I have yet to take it to a large open flat area as they are hard to find where I live.

at the very begin you get a yellow, then its green red green 2 sets of fast greens, the slow greens, your ready to go. pump it up, some times it takes a bit to get steady, then let her have it. flip the switch once, should get yellow. if you see red, get your butt back to earth soon, I had a hard time today getting green slow flash. was green red after the 2nd set of fast greens, pumped it up 10 ft for a bit and it went all green, could be the house in the way. notice this when I take it to other spots to fly. Bermuda is only 20 miles long, so don't know why is dose this , shouldn't have to do a comp dance, I start my dance pointing north, and put it down facing north, don't get any more twist when landing, seems this stopped it from doing a crazy twist about 5 ft from ground,. put the stock props back on, fly's more stable no more VRS. and its faster. need to get a speedo, see what shes getting, from 200ft to sea level in a dive this thing moves.

rogerdel said:
I understand that but when the green
Iight stay's steady blink blink blink it is ok but then it start's blinking double blinks every other blink .That is when it seems to break contact with satilite until steady blink again.

The double green flashes are simply telling you that the bird is receiving control input from your transmitter, ie, you are moving the sticks to make the phantom do something. If you release both sticks, it should go back to a single green flash.

I may overlook the yellow if its at the beginning as I'm usually messing with the battery door.

ya I don't poke with any thing while its going through its light thing, if I don't see those 2 sets of fast greens, ill unplug do it again. then close up door turn on cam. and then balls to the wall LOL :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4