Need some help with upgrade

Reaction score
Just swapped by Advanced for a P3P and needed to upgrade software. Downloaded the latest bin file to SD card, installed the card, turned on the drone and don't see the status light flashing red or green on front of gimbal. Just solid red lights under the front two arms and flashing yellow on the rear. It doesn't appear to be doing anything. Kindly assist with any help. Thanks

Which BIN did you install?

Do you see a TXT file on your memory card? If so, post the contents here.

Before the update? You should just see the BIN file (if you're following my instructions).

I deleted everything off the sd card and then downloaded bin

Good. Make sure you extract the BIN file from the "P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.zip" file. And, copy the BIN file to the root of the memory card.

Once you run the upgrade file, a txt file will be generated and placed along with the bin file. This file will contain the result of running the update file. Please copy that file here for us to read the contents.

Welcome to the party :)

Once you run the upgrade file, a txt file will be generated and placed along with the bin file. This file will contain the result of running the update file. Please copy that file here for us to read the contents.
My concern is that there's no status light on front of gimbal therefore, I don't think it's running the update.

If it's not running the update, then you most likely skipped a step in my instructions. Double-check them again to make sure you followed all of the steps correctly. If you did everything correctly, you'll see a TXT file on your memory card -- whether or not anything was installed.

Reactions: alokbhargava
If it's not running the update, then you most likely skipped a step in my instructions. Double-check them again to make sure you followed all of the steps correctly. If you did everything correctly, you'll see a TXT file on your memory card -- whether or not anything was installed.
No TXT file, only bin

Try the following:

- Format your memory card.
- Download a new firmware zip file from the DJI downloads page.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the BIN file to the root of your memory card.
- Start at step #8 here.

If that still does not produce a TXT file, then try a different memory card.

All set, thanks for all the responses. Again, I know this is simple for most but unfortunately, it was a glitch I had trouble getting past. Apparently, I had downloaded the zip file several times and it didn't want to work with any except for the original. It shouldn't matter however, that's the only explanation I can provide. Again, thank for your patience and understanding.

All set, thanks for all the responses. Again, I know this is simple for most but unfortunately, it was a glitch I had trouble getting past. Apparently, I had downloaded the zip file several times and it didn't want to work with any except for the original. It shouldn't matter however, that's the only explanation I can provide. Again, thank for your patience and understanding.
All well if it ends well.

Guys have lots of patience on forum, if one doesn't reply, some one else would pick it up.

Reactions: bk1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4