Need some guidance

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the forum. I have a Phantom 2 vision and thinking of upgrading to either the Phantom 3 standard or the yuneec q500. The unfortunate thing is that more I read the more i am
Not sure on which one. Any input would be awesome.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

get the p3s you will be much happier with that choice if you can get a p3a and you will be extra happy with Lightbridge

Most everyone here is going to tell you to get a Phantom :)

DJI makes great quadcopters. You'll be very impressed upgrading from the P2V to the P3S. I agree that the P3A is a better choice though if it meets your budget.

Reactions: flpholt
I am leaning towards the Phantom 3. I heard about cracks near the screws on the motor.

Cracks were an issue for some people flying the earliest P3 models. It's not a common problem and is even less commonly mentioned these days. If it does happen to you, DJI will repair your Phantom under warranty.

I think that got sorted out I never had any look at the insides of a p3 and then look at yuneec looks like a toy

Cool, thanks
Also is is a big jump from phantom 2 vision to the Phantom 3 standard

A big jump performance-wise? Yes. Learning curve wise? There is a small learning curve, but you'll have a head start since you already fly a Phantom.

Flying wise the Phantom is great but after trying several hours of trying to update and calibrate a new to me bird I think there is a higher tech learning curve. Hope you have a helpful dealer close. Ended up flying a $35 fleamarket bird today.

Very true, is there a big difference in the camera quality of the 2. I was considering going to the 4K model. I do some videos with my phantom 2. Should I just stay with standard?

well updating with standard is done off wifi real easy others need a pc to load onto sd card still real easy if you follow instructions

I started my flying with a little dromida ominus. I still fly it a lot too.

I found the P3S firmware extremely easy to update since the DJI GO app does everything. The other P3 models aren't as easy to update, but the process will go smoothly if done exactly like this.

Reactions: flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20