Need some Advice where to start

Reaction score
Hi guys I am a newbie I need some advice on where to start. Every thing was working fine till yesterday till I plugged it in to check updates. As soon as I plugged it in it said there was an update for language. I installed this. Now the only thing that works is the wheel on the transmitter to make the camera tilt up and down. The lights are solid red. Please help me on where to start to correct this problem. Thank you in advance I will check back at 11.00EST

Sorry I have phantom 2 vision plus with the upgrade

I also have the new controller but it dose not show in the assistant
I also added the ITE-DBSO1
I fired up the assistant software and did a cal on the sticks still shows old controller but I was able to get rid of the solid red light. Now I have a flashing yellow which is understandable because I am inside but the motors will still not start.
I am trying to give you the most information I can again thank you

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450018068.598550.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450018068.598550.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Sounds like a corrupted update, I'd try to reinstall firmware! Then hook remote to RC ASSISTANT ( do a FULL calibration on it ), then hook bird to PC ASSISTANT, calibrate IMU, remote ( again here ), make sure all of the settings are correct, after that take it outside do a fresh compass calibration. Test to see if all is fixed? Make sure your batteries are fully charged as well, in your remote, extender and bird!

Let us know?
J Dot

Did you check ( UPDATED CONTROLLER ) in assistant? Or BASIC CONTROLLER?

Also being indoors with Tv's computers and other electronics around, may be messing up compass.
Take outside and try, sometimes you can just lift the craft up a foot or 2 off the table and it will connect! I have several of these weird problems indoors, but outside all is good!

Check thes things
RC assistant ( newest version )
PC assistant newest version
App newest version

I found in the past using mismatch versions of any of the above can cause firmware conflict!

RC assistant
Is for upgrading Tx and calibrating Tx ( remote )

PC assistant
Is for upgrading bird, battery, GPS, receiver, ect. Also calibrating bird, and calibrating Tx to bird!

I would connect Tx to RC assistant make sure it is up to date ( firmware ) calibrate all sticks, dial wheel, and toggles here first!

Then
Hook phantom to PC assistant, run an advanced IMU calibration, then calibrate Tx here as well ( sticks, dial wheel, and toggles ) this calibrates the Tx to your bird ) also make sure upgrade controller is checked, not basic,
Go outside do a fresh compass calibration. This should fix any issues you have.

Let us know, also I hate 3.14. I took all mine back to 3.08, less issues!

J Dot

082AE0CC-3C8D-45E4-BA41-23158DED654F_zpsmfort93y.jpg

When I check controller it shows the old controller no option to upgrade to the new one. Also how were you able to down grade your software. I reloaded everything still same problem

When I just plug in the remote it dose show the new one but there is no response from the new remote. Like I said when I plug into the bird only old remote shows and no option to upgrade.

I think I finally got it a new update came out today I downloaded it and now I see the remote and can cal. Tomorrow if not raining I will go outside and try the compass cal. Thank you J Dot for all your great advice. I will let you know how I make out with the compass cal. Again thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20