Need Phantom 4 ECS Replacement Boards

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I bought a Phantom 4 on the 8th of this month and it has been great! Can't beleive how well it has held up to daily flying all over the place.

I was trying out the follow me mode one day and started driving around in the truck to see how well it would follow me. the drone was following from behind and then it did a U turn and it started flying past me to get behind the truck as I started turning in the opposite direction and the height was not high enough by about 5 feet. The P4 few in between 2 power lines and as it adjusted one of the blades caught on the power line and down she went to the concrete sidewalk from about 25-35 feet in the air. Not good.

The battery came out but was fine. The P4 had 3 broken blades and one of the arms that took all the weight on the fall buckled some but held strong. I took it home and put the new blades on it and it worked just fine. I few it for weeks after this with zero issues.

So I ordered up a new P4 Shell so I can get the unit looking brand new again.

I made one mistake when replacing the shell LOL I put the screws for the motor on before I both the top and bottom shell together. So I put the screws into the motor with only the top shell in place which made the screws to long and since I tightened the screws down tight I basically drove the screws into the motor wingdings and actually broke the wrapped wires in the motor. I didn't know about this until I got everything back together and turned on the Phantom 4 and the DJI go app started showing me ECS Error Messages.

I'm seeing ECS Error messages on all 4 motors. I did tighten the screws up into all 4 motors the same way and did the same damage the wingdings on all 4 motors.

I'm glad the DJI Go app caught this error early so the motors didn't fail while in mid air or around people.

So I ordered up 4 new P4 motors and wired them up today and the ECS error for all 4 motors is still showing in the DJI Go App.

When I started up the P4 after replacing the new top and bottom shell there was no smoke, pop, fizz, or weird sounds or smells that make me think the FET's blew up or were damaged.

I'm wondering if DJI locks the drone up if it sees a ECS failure so you have to send it back in?

The only thing I have left to do is replace the ECS boards but I can't find anywhere that is currently selling them.

Does anybody know where I could find 2 new ECS boards for the Phantom 4?

Any help is appreciated!

Assuming they are actually bad, ye ESCs are built-in to the mainboard so you cannot replace them separately.

There are 2 seperate ECS boards on the Phantom 4 that can be easily replaced seperatly. Each ECS board powers 2 motors, one for Clockwise and one for Counter Clockwise.

upload_2016-6-1_7-45-49.png

I stand corrected. Didn't realize they had separated them back out from the MB.

I bought 4 new motors + new shell +$25 backpack for the foam case that comes with the Phantom 4 (which is pretty nice for the money) from Helipal. I contacted them about getting ECS boards and they said they are not currently available but will be relased in the near future as time goes one.

For now I just ordered a new P4 from Amazon.

SolarDude,
I just did the exact thing that you did!
In fact, after I soldered on the motors, and before I put the screws in the motors, I installed the battery to tast it to make sure I had done a good soldering job.
It started up like normal and played the confirmation tone.
I was excited to finish re-assembly so I installed the screws into the motor!
When I finished putting it all together, It wouldn't work, and I realized the mistake I made.

Did you ever get your Phantom 4 fixed? What parts did you have to replace?
Jim

drove the screws into the motor wingdings
I'll assure you that if you shorted out the motor wires you fried the ESC Boards. I did pretty much the same thing on mine so I do know. Just order that 3 board set off Ebay and you will be good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers