Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

need P2 upgrade advice

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by 2kvfr800, Jan 14, 2015.

1. 2kvfr800

Hey guys,
    Have a DSLRPros ultimate cinema edition quadcopter that got damaged.(P1)
    So i replaced it with a P2 with a H3-3d gimble.

With the stock transmitter, and P2 firmware updated, it wants to do its own thing. i take off and it just keeps going and is very erratic and mostly unresponsive.

I want to put the T8FGS in the P2 ( found the tutorial for that!)
    The P1 has a NAZA (multirotor V2)
    The P2 has a NAZA Phantom (??) not sure what version this is..

I want to add DJI ground station to the p2 as well

the P1 also has a circuit board marked FBOSD V1.2 is this a first generation iOSD ? should i transfer this or get a iOSD mini?

Should i swap out the NAZA V2 from the P1 and put it in the P2 ?

Any help anyone can give me would be awesome.
    also if you know of any tutorials or guides on how to swap and/or reprogram the Naza

what do you guys recommend i do? and where is the best place to buy stuff?

Thanks, Joe

2. 2kvfr800

What would you do?
    I want the Phantom 2 to have the gopro h3-3d ground station etc

the phantom 1 will be for play..

If i swap naza, do i put plugs in same position? is there a guide for that?

Thanks in advance..

[attachment=1]

Attached Files:

3. 2kvfr800

48 views in a day and no responses. this is depressing. Another guy with fly away problems get 13 responses in 3 hours
    :|

4. Crazykaktus

Hehe don't worry, I think its because most people don't quite know what to say... May I ask one quick question. Have you done a correct calibration of your Compass and then have you reset and recalibrated the IMU ? Mine went on it own mission and would even start circling once take off - did a compass reset and the recalibrated away from any metal structures and power lines.... did an advanced IMU recalibration and it sorted 90% of my issues... Drone was much more stable. Basically the NAZA in the 2 should be better than the 1. So I won't just swap the two out... Try it first by resetting and calibrating the basics....

Sadly im not that familiar with the circuitry inside the P1 as I have never had one so I am unable to advise

5. PhantomFanatic

Why didn't you help???

As for me, no I don't fully understand what was being asked. And, I haven't opened my bird and I will try not to until the warranty expires. So, I'm sorry, but I hope someone will have an answer for you. Good luck.

6. spudraleigh

Interesting that you call yourself "PhantomFanatic" and yet you haven't opened it up :? But the point is, by your post you give the false impression that opening your "bird" will somehow influence your warranty. This has been discussed at length on this forum and the consensus, based on research and close examination of the DJI warranty docs, is that as long as you are installing or modifying the device per DJI instructions or for other appropriate reasons, your warranty still holds. Of course if you don't know WTF you're doing and you horribly damage it then your warranty might not be useful ;)

I mean, how could you possibly install a LightBridge, AVL58 or ios without working on the insides and why would DJI provide instructions and videos telling you how to do so? Just my $0.02... As always, as we used to say on the Interwebs, YMMV :)

P.S. I also did not help!

7. 2kvfr800

Because if I'm having flyaway issues, how can i help if I'm asking for help with a similar issue? I have grounded my phantoms until i can figure out what to do.

8. Crazykaktus

Uhhhhh Opening your unit does not void your warranty, if it did they wouldnt sell you a H3 3D gimbal or iOS mini with USER INSTALL INSTRUCTION IN THE BOX if it voided the warranty

9. Crazykaktus

Did you try what I suggested ?!

10. 2kvfr800

I will when i get home. Im on the road at the moment.
    I will also look up how to calibrate the ESC.

11. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

12. 2kvfr800

Thanks
    What about the ground station?