Need New Underware !!

Reaction score
Today I had my first "OH ****" moment with my month old P4. I was out at a large field flying around practicing flying, taking video, and working with "intelligent" features like Tap Fly and RTH. Tap fly worked great.... I found I could get the P4 started in a direction and then (steer) fly it where ever I wanted. Works great... OK... now to try RTH.... I send the drone out just beyond my view at 150' and touch the RTH icon on the screen. I watch as the P4 climbs to the RTH preset altitude.... starts coming back to the homepoint and comes straight down into a landing (I land better btw). RTH worked great. So..... 2nd Battery.... and I fly out the farthest Ive been yet, definitely out of sight.... and want to try the controller RTH button to bring 'er back to daddy.... Well.... OH **** !!! I get a "Disconnected" message on the screen. PANIC sets in. What do I do now??? I wait... and wait... (praying) and slowly I hear the "Buzzing Ants" and they're getting closer.... and closer. There's my baby.... coming home. <sigh> She flies at RTH altitutde above me and starts a descent to landing. I swearI heard the controller yelling at me, "Hay ******* !!! Don't push the "On/Off" Power button you schnuck!!! Your lucky I saved your *** with RTH from a disconect !!! Your wife would have killed both if us".. Moral of this heart wrenching newbie's story..... Look at the dam buttons, switches and knobs BEFORE you touch them. I accidently shut the Radio Controller to "OFF" while flying.... that was why the disconnect..... I'll never do that again LOL

OK... now after reading that story... you can all Make fun of me.... MY drone is still laughing at me... I hear it snickering in its case

Bob D

Last edited:
Here you go.

choosing-your-underwear_1432932346.jpg

I think red would be better.No worries buddy we all end up doing something a little foolish at some point happy you didnt get any damage done.Funny story

Matt sent from note 3.

Technically, turning ur transmitter off is the same thing as initiating rth.. l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suhail78
Haha, yeah, I can see that filling your undies in a hurry.

I wasn't as brave as you and tested the RTH from a disconnected remote with the drone 20ft away and only 15ft off the ground. My OH S**! moment was when I powered off the remote and the drone started ascending and I thought it was running away and then I realized it was going to my preset RTH altitude. WHEW!

good story, thanks for sharing and glad to hear it all worked out....

It's definitely a strange feeling loosing communication with the aircraft. It's only happened to me a few times (I generally don't push limits), but wow the feeling in my stomach when it happens...

You ought to do it on a $12k turbine one day flying at Mach 385. LOL

Have you ever heard the pin and ******* and hammer thing? Yeah that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trinimon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20