Need new TX/RX board and antenna ?

Reaction score
Hi all,

In a somewhat minor crash (before some recent upgrades, a new shell and testing of the copter as seen in the pic below), I broke a leg right at the antenna, and the antenna ripped. I bought a replacement TX/RX board as an antenna spare a while back, and just noticed it is an "ancient" revision.

I tried swapping the antennas, which are the same (obviously, being 2.4GHz antennas), but, apparently, DJI in their infinite wisdom, "JB Welds" (or similar) them onto the board. On the replacement board, the epoxy or JB Weld or whatever cracked and it came off ok (wow, they even stick the crap inside the antenna socket). On the copter's original board (which is a far newer revision), the entire socket came off the board, even pulling a board trace up with it.

I'm very decent at soldering, so, I managed to solder the socket (and thus also the remaining piece of antenna) back onto the board after stripping the coating off the trace and gluing it back to the board, but, alas, I still have one antenna that's only a part of an antenna.

I am trying to find how and where I can order a new version TX/RX board with antennas (and not receive an older V2). I think mine said V5, and also had different pin configurations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently, all is working, but, I haven't seen how it affects range yet.

Thanks,
Rob

(ps: no, the blades are straight - this was shot with an ultra wide angle lens)

Attachments

• SMALL_DSC5675.jpg
    SMALL_DSC5675.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 418

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub