NEED MORE POWER

Reaction score
i need more power in my fc40 im lifting an sony rx100 and the orginal fc40 camera.

do i get bigger batteries if so what size and where from?
or
do i do dual batteries???
or
bigger props???

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 535
GMANNZ said:
If it was meant to carry such a load you wouldn't be having any issues ..... ??

If you want to carry larger cameras, you'll need a bigger machine ....

It carries it just not for to long about 4-5 min

khaosxbez said:
GMANNZ said:
If it was meant to carry such a load you wouldn't be having any issues ..... ??

If you want to carry larger cameras, you'll need a bigger machine ....

It carries it just not for to long about 4-5 min

I have seen guys lift a FULL DSLR camera with a Phantom ..... but given the Phantoms size and motor and battery size ... its not what they were built for.

You're going need a bigger Phantom. Putting MORE stuff on there to try and boost flight time is the last thing you want to do. What you want to do is remove that camera and sincerely apologize to that little machine.

Keep flying that much load and it could soon turn catastrophic from overloading the electronics in there.

If you intend to fly with that camera buy a FlameWheel 550. It will handle the load with some room to grow.

LandYachtMedia said:
You're going need a bigger Phantom. Putting MORE stuff on there to try and boost flight time is the last thing you want to do. What you want to do is remove that camera and sincerely apologize to that little machine.

Keep flying that much load and it could soon turn catastrophic from overloading the electronics in there.

If you intend to fly with that camera buy a FlameWheel 550. It will handle the load with some room to grow.

+2

Even if you removed the FC40's camera, the RX100 is a bit bulky for the Phantom...not completely outside the realm of possibility, but you're never going to get great flight times with it.

The best you can do is remove the FC40 camera, throw on the 9" stock props from the P2, and get a 2700-2800mAh batt. But you may still end up chasing your tail.

I am interested in hearing your impressions of the RX100, I'm looking at putting one on my 550 but I can't decide if the RX100 II is worth the price difference (heavier, but better sensor). Also, do you regret not having interchangeable lenses? That's the main thing keeping me from deciding on that camera rather than a NEX5 or GM1

OI Photography said:
LandYachtMedia said:

+2

Even if you removed the FC40's camera, the RX100 is a bit bulky for the Phantom...not completely outside the realm of possibility, but you're never going to get great flight times with it.

The best you can do is remove the FC40 camera, throw on the 9" stock props from the P2, and get a 2700-2800mAh batt. But you may still end up chasing your tail.

I am interested in hearing your impressions of the RX100, I'm looking at putting one on my 550 but I can't decide if the RX100 II is worth the price difference (heavier, but better sensor). Also, do you regret not having interchangeable lenses? That's the main thing keeping me from deciding on that camera rather than a NEX5 or GM1

The RX100 is awesome and I don't thing the price diffrence from 100 to the II is enough to upgrade
I'm going to eventually upgrade to the f550 just need to make some money with this first lol

khaosxbez said:
The RX100 is awesome and I don't thing the price diffrence from 100 to the II is enough to upgrade
I'm going to eventually upgrade to the f550 just need to make some money with this first lol

Sweet, thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know :)

BTW, if you're still determined to throw it on your Phantom and have very deep pockets, I did just discover this option: http://dronexpert.nl/product/dji-phanto ... converter/

From this thread by someone who plans to use it on a P2V: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10594

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj