Need monitor/display advice

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 PRO and had been using a Samsung Tab A until it started to misbehave and DJI told me it is an unsupported product. I have been considering the Nvidia Shield K1 vs the Ipad mini 2. My concern with Apple is like most (cost, stuck in the Apple world, not expandable, ect) pro's are they seem to work. The Nvidia is expandable, has HDMI out and is somewhat less expensive. I would very much appreciate any guidance/experience you can offer to make this decision and be done with it

I use a samsung galaxy tab A too. When I first got my pro the camera view wouldn't show up on my tablet. Here's what I had it do...

Go to settings > > > scroll down to "about device" > > > scroll down to build number > > > keep tapping that till it says "developer options has been enabled" > > > click on "developer options" (1 above "about device" on the left) > > > scroll down to "USB debugging" and turn that OFF > > > scroll down further to "USB configuration" and click on it > > > select "RNDIS (USB ethernet)" > > > close settings.

You should be good to go! The only thing that sucks is that you have to change that setting to "RNDIS (USB ethernet)". But you shouldn't have to do all that, you should only have to...

Go to settings > > > scroll down to "developer options" > > > scroll down to "USB configuration" and click on it > > > select "RNDIS (USB ethernet)" > > > close settings.

Hope it helps! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I get USB connection problems to my RC on Tab E. My solution up until recently was to reboot the tablet while the RC is on and attached.
I recently discovered that if I have Go in home view where you can select your version of AC, then reboot the RC, it manages to connect.
I found the cause to be that the tablet selects transfer mode by default and won't come off it. However there seems to be a small window of time that the tablet can sense and select None (charge only) where then it works.
I haven't figured out what is causing the tablet to force MTS when that won't work.
Or maybe the RC is switching modes on connect and negotiate?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

First, I would try the stuff the other members suggested above. ↑
But if you're still in the market, in my opinion, I would get the Ipad Mini 2. I'm an Apple fanboy so that's probably why :grin: I was able to get my mini for about $200 at Best Buy. I've had no problems with it and it's really convenient because I have an iPhone. With the Ipad, you can actually get an HDMI adapter, I got mine for about $10-$15. I really like IOS compared to Android but it's honestly a personal opinion.
16923787_1338023726219520_1027700782_n.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj