Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Need Input on New Product (Swooph) that Lowers Camera on P3 and P2V+

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Lance Adams, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Lance Adams

Hi all. I spent 7 months designing a product that lowers the camera nearly 4 inches on the P3 and P2V+. I've got it listed on Kickstarter and was hoping to get some input from fellow flyers. I've been using the device myself for a while and I love not having to crop the blades out of my photos. Please check it out and I would appreciate any comments or questions. The product doesn't seem to be taking off as much as I thought it would. Thanks!

Here's the link:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/791386096/swooph-camera-extender-for-dji-p2v-and-dji-phantom

[​IMG]

witold likes this.
  2. Youngbill

Lance- I don't mean to sound harsh but I don't see the point. When I'm filming, my camera is always pointed at least a few degrees down and I never see the props. I've yet to be in a situation where my props were visible. I've seen them while messing around and flying fast or tilting the camera up, but that's not how I would fly while filming.

3. Lance Adams

Thanks for your input. Usually when I'm flying for fun, I'm taking photos of beautiful skies or storms, so the camera is straight out or even up a little. I typically fly in GPS mode and a lot of times, the quadcopter tilts forward to compensate for the wind, especially when I'm near a storm. I see them a lot in my photos, even with the P3 (way worse with P2V+). When I was making the promotional video, I went through several sets of photos and there wasn't a single time when I took 50+ photos and didn't see the props in several of them.

4. Youngbill

I never tried to film storms. I guess you have a point.

5. japyhala0

Any news with your project lance?
    I can see how it would be useful

Especially with new or fast /un smooth flyers

6. bidaw

If for some reason you don't hit your fundraising goal, would you offer one off's of this product for sale? Or do you have any in stock for evaluation?