NEED INPUT ON LANDING ISSUES/STATIC RUNS

Personally I hand catch mine instead of letting it land on it's own. That way you prevent the problems that can occur when landing. If you do this carefully you will have no problems.

That's fine but, that should be used only in an emergency. I recalibrate everything, started fresh, was very gentle on the control sticks. Stuck it 5 times without any more issues.

Hello,
I am still very new here. I am not young and not too old. Have some old school experience ect. Anyway, go new P3A, did all the cal's, updated software and firmware. No problems at all. Fired up P3, static everything ok. Ist flight a little sketchy but just had to get used to control and settings ect. Landing no problem. Bird set down nice at about an inch or so did uncommanded roll at high rpm to front. Of course blades struck ground. Kill motors and of course rece motor obstruction warning. Checked bird out no damage just some dirt stains on one blade. Same thing happened again on completely level surface.. Luckily no damage. All cals, done, great GPS and compass cal.
Tonight after recharging batteries ect, ran static. When I picked up phantom from the rear or front or any axis and leaned fwd with motors running, the rpms immediately screamed up. No matter what axis. I tried this in all modes, same response.(Before i go further static is with out blades)
Is this a normal response from bird? EMU is fine, as well as everything else before you ask.:).
Any help would be appreciated!
Gunny Sends

There's lots of opinions on this, but this is the reason I always hand catch my bird instead of let it land on the ground. In the entire time I've owned my P3P I've let it land on the ground twice. Both times it tipped over and scuffed up the props. I'm too worried about damaging the camera and gimbal to let it land on the ground.

I use CSC for startup only, not shutdown. For shutdown after landing, I use the left stick full down for a couple seconds. After this, the motor stops without any revving of the motors which causes the tip over.

If you have the motors running & pick up the quad it is normal for the motors to rev in an attempt to maintain position. When you decide to land you have to be deliberate. Too many times people try to make a last moment adjustment. As soon as she touches down full down left stick until the motors stop. In many hundreds of landings I have yet to have a tip over.

Hello,
I am still very new here. I am not young and not too old. Have some old school experience ect. Anyway, go new P3A, did all the cal's, updated software and firmware. No problems at all. Fired up P3, static everything ok. Ist flight a little sketchy but just had to get used to control and settings ect. Landing no problem. Bird set down nice at about an inch or so did uncommanded roll at high rpm to front. Of course blades struck ground. Kill motors and of course rece motor obstruction warning. Checked bird out no damage just some dirt stains on one blade. Same thing happened again on completely level surface.. Luckily no damage. All cals, done, great GPS and compass cal.
Tonight after recharging batteries ect, ran static. When I picked up phantom from the rear or front or any axis and leaned fwd with motors running, the rpms immediately screamed up. No matter what axis. I tried this in all modes, same response.(Before i go further static is with out blades)
Is this a normal response from bird? EMU is fine, as well as everything else before you ask.:).
Any help would be appreciated!
Gunny Sends

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Hand catching the drone defeats my personal standards of having control of a UAV, as well as just giving up. I practiced just take off and landing for about a week and stick it everytime with out any more issues. Got to work on basics before going flying. You can be kick *** flyer/photographer but if you can' land exactly where, when in all conditions or you have not practiced emergency landings or failures than you have to be rich!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20