Need Info/Suggestions on a Decent and reliable Tablet for P3

Reaction score
Hello all, getting ready to get P3. Was going to use my S5 but I decided not to for a lot of reasons. Want to go with a decent tablet that;s reliable and a decent price. Not sure about iOS as I am a Samsung user.

Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

The iPad Mini 2/3/4 is a good choice if you want to use an Apple device. Apple devices tend to work better right out of the box too. There are many Android devices that will work just as well after being configured properly. Check out the complete list of commonly used devices here.

When you get your device, here are some tips that'll help you optimize it for the DJI GO app:

HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for best DJI GO app performance
HOW TO: Optimize Android device for best DJI GO app performance

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the information , tips and help.

This ole jarhead really appreciates it!!

Took a bit had to actually backdoor that app because my new tablet would not allow me to download on Google play

Hi all,
First posting. I bought a P3A about a month ago. I'll give my first impressions etc in a separate post.
In terms of tablets, I initially used my (old) Sony Xperia phone. Despite not being on the official list I had no problems. (Running ANdroid 4.4.2).
But I then decided the screen was too small for normal use. Someone loaned me a large Sony tablet but it wouldn't fit the standard holder and I didn't try it. Then 2 weeks ago I was in a store offering Lenovo Tab 2 (A20 I think it is) for only $A99, seemed like a bargain and in checking the forum it seemed to be in use by others so I went for it.
Works well. Happy with the bang for the buck. My main problem with either of these solutions is it's hard to read any screen in bright sunlight (summer here in Australia). The Lenovo will do for now, but if I find a 7'' or 8'' tablet for cheap that is better outdoors I'd be tempted.
Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31