need info for sUAV registration

Reaction score
Good morning all, need info to register p3p...
1: full name of DJI
2: max takeoff weight: guessing approx. 4 lbs
3: name of engine manufacturer (early design motor)
4: engine output: lbs of thrust ???
5: engine model designation

Thanks everyone...

Pete

Good morning all, need info to register p3p...
1: full name of DJI
2: max takeoff weight: guessing approx. 4 lbs
3: name of engine manufacturer (early design motor)
4: engine output: lbs of thrust ???
5: engine model designation

Thanks everyone...

Pete
I'm working on the same thing. 1.DJI, Inc. 2. 1280 grams 3. DJI 4. ??? 5. none
Really need to know "Engine Power Output"

Are you just preparing for the future, or are there published registration regs? I thought I was keeping current on the FAA's dog and pony show, but maybe I missed something.

Are you just preparing for the future, or are there published registration regs? I thought I was keeping current on the FAA's dog and pony show, but maybe I missed something.
At this time only commercial use needs to register. Hobby use has not yet changed. ;)

Reactions: Tommymonkey
Someone posted this in another thread. (I apologize that I didn't write down the author.)

• Name of Engine Manufacturer DJI Innovations
  • Engine Model Designation DJI model # DJI-PH3-PO7
  • Engine Serial-Numbers (if none shown, enter 'none') none
  • Number of Engines 4
  • Engine Power Output (given in HP or Lbs. Thrust) No information provided by manufacturer other than each engine (motor) is rated at 960Kv
  • Engine Type (2 or 4 Cycle Reciprocating, Electric, Turbo - Fan/Prop/Shaft/Jet) Electric

Why would any one want to register and comply esp if its just for personally use. That sounds about as crazy as some one registering a firearm and thinking its not going to be confiscated later once they get all the lists of whos doors to go knock on when they get to the confiscation stage. DO we really want them to also come for the drones next????? and also if a lot of people comply it sends the message to the goverment that people are cool with it and then it makes any one that has any sence in there head and who does not want to comply with tyranny look as if they are going against the heard. then they can say but all the other sheep and fools are doing it.

Reactions: Tommymonkey
I
Why would any one want to register and comply esp if its just for personally use. That sounds about as crazy as some one registering a firearm and thinking its not going to be confiscated later once they get all the lists of whos doors to go knock on when they get to the confiscation stage. DO we really want them to also come for the drones next????? and also if a lot of people comply it sends the message to the goverment that people are cool with it and then it makes any one that has any sence in there head and who does not want to comply with tyranny look as if they are going against the heard. then they can say but all the other sheep and fools are doing it.
Well said I agree I not going to register mine even they bring out new laws here in the uk.

There will be plenty with no registrations-- when it comes to everyone registering. Out of those there will be some who unfortunately will get caught flying an "unregistered drone" and they will have to fork over some ridiculous amount of money to the government as well as probably losing their drone. So for me, I will just fill out the registration forms and not worry about the consequences.

We all should request a 333 exemption. Why should we be not allowed to make money ? It is easy to spend a few thousand dollars on this hobby. Be nice to make some of it back. It is a ridiculous law.

New (to me) info direct from FAA Registration Branch: A new or used drone which has never been registered under 14CFR Part 47 (which applies to all aircraft) cannot be flown under a Section 333 Exemption (commercially) until an N number has been granted and affixed to the aircraft. The carbon copy (pink slip) can only be used when applying for a new registration for an already registered aircraft. My understanding is that as of Feb 19th 2016 you'll need a hobby/recreation registration number in order to fly the drone for training, etc., which will be replaced by your N number when granted. So if you have the drone you intend to use under a 333 you've applied for, you can use your personal registration number temporarily and start the Part 47 registration process any time. You'll need the 333 and a registered aircraft in order to legally charge for your services. These are separate issues handled by separate FAA branches. Registration Branch is a little swamped right now with all the new hobby/rec questions, but they'll eventually catch up!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik