Need horizontal shooting tips

AAC

Reaction score
I plan to fly along a beach (1000 feet width) and record horizontal video. That means, the camera is always facing the resorts and tree on the beach while my PV2+ is flying from one end to others. Ideally, I have to fly it in manual mode, yaw the camera facing the resorts and fly it from left to right or right to left.
Just wondering if I have the option to set it in more confident waypoints flying mode and yet having the camera facing the designated subjects ?
My understanding of waypoints flying mode is the camera direction always go with the flying direction, it can only tilt but cannot yaw during the flight.
Any suggestion ? or this is Mission Impossible in GPS Waypoints mode ?

locoworks said:
fly in course lock, yaw should have no effect on direction of travel

+1 on Course Lock. This does require putting your Phantom in NAZA-M Mode, but also adds home lock and other features. Both switches up will be just like out of the box Phantom Mode, so no worries there. You will want to do some low level, close in practice with these setting. They are very dependent on getting a good Home Point set at the startup. Everything is these modes are relative to you, and where things started from.

Meta4 said:
What's the problem with simply flying sideways in GPS mode?

if you yaw the drone at all it changes direction and you would need to compensate with the right stick ( mode 2 ) all the time.

Panamon Creel said:
locoworks said:

but CL doesn't work for Groundstation Waypoint flying

which is why you need to fly in course lock instead of using waypoints to achieve a fairly straight flight path and have yaw control of the camera.

locoworks said:
Panamon Creel said:
locoworks said:

but CL doesn't work for Groundstation Waypoint flying

which is why you need to fly in course lock instead of using waypoints to achieve a fairly straight flight path and have yaw control of the camera.

Sure but the question in the OP was if it is possible while flying Waypoints

thanks for all suggestions.
Under Naza mode, to fly in CL, I need to flip down S2 to the middle but what about the S1 ? can I set S1 stick in GPS position and S2 in CL ? If anything goes wrong, I flip S1 to the bottom position (Fail Safe) to bring it home ? or to flip the S2 from CL to HL, and left stick all the way down to bring it home ?
I love to learn different attempts but I need to make sure there is always a safety net with me.

S1 has to be all the way up in GPS mode ( more accurate GPS Atti mode ) for IOC to work.
You can go back to Home point with either HL or RTH but remember neither one will work if anything goes wrong with your GPS signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik