Need help with wavy lines.

Reaction score
Newbie to this group and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Today I was shooting and found wavy lines while recording.

I have never had any issues what so ever so this is a mystery to me.

I have scanned months of posts and nothing.

I can record no problem and walk around with it and no wavy lines.

As soon as I send it in the air the wavy lines show up. No crash or change to the unit or phone iPhone 6.

Here is a quick vid of the issue. I have another one I can post while its stationary and blades are going and wavy lines are even worse.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

They look like Prop reflection any add on to camera filter etc,

I have seen very similar effects by shooting into the sun. The props obstruct the sun for very brief times, and the camera responds to the fluctuating light levels I believe.

Reactions: bernek
if you can see only happens in forward mode when the birds tilt

No filters or add on's. It's weird as it only happens when the props are rotating.

Here is another vid just on my patio.

No filters or add on's. It's weird as it only happens when the props are rotating.

Here is another vid just on my patio.

like everyone else has stated, you are getting prop shadows. Get a little 3d printed petal hat for your camera or change the position/angle of camera and phantom to avoid the sun.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try a few more flights without the sun in the way. The sun has never been an issue before.

Sorry I'm fairly new and have to ask what a 3d printed petal hat is?

Also wanted to mention that photos are perfect it's only video that is affected.

Dji tech support just says send it in there is camera issues. Grrrrrr. Can't really afford to send it away for 3-6 weeks.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try a few more flights without the sun in the way. The sun has never been an issue before.

Sorry I'm fairly new and have to ask what a 3d printed petal hat is?

Also wanted to mention that photos are perfect it's only video that is affected.

Dji tech support just says send it in there is camera issues. Grrrrrr. Can't really afford to send it away for 3-6 weeks.

Camera Lens Protector Petal Sun Hood Sunshade Cap For Phantom 3 S0BZ

Josh Nelson, you should pick up some ND filters. They will allow you to shoot video with a slower shutter speed -- which normally fixes that issue.

I have seen very similar effects by shooting into the sun. The props obstruct the sun for very brief times, and the camera responds to the fluctuating light levels I believe.

It happened to me aslo and was wondering what it is ! You sir are right in my opinion ! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31