Need help with video quality

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the site so I hope this is where this goes.
I have the p3 pro and have noticed lately that when filming footage I notice a lot of grainy video like it freezes slightly and catches up with itself and has the blurry scratchy lines on the monitor which seem to carry over to the video itself. Which leads to my next question. Should I be running in 4k video regardless? I swapped to 1080 thinking the smaller video size might upload clearer to YouTube Facebook or vimeo. Thus far everything I upload to those sites the quality is just garbage. On my phone, it's crystal clear. Does anyone have any suggestions or reasons why the screen freezes slightly and why the quality is so crappy on any site I upload too. Thanks you

Video stream on monitor will always be 720p. Quality may go down depending on the flying distance. The good quality of video you will get only on SD card. Record it as 4K if you can process it on your laptop / Mac else go for lower resolution like 1080p.

I always go for 4K and even upload as 4K. I like it. That's my choice. You go as what you like.

Even when I'm 1000 feet from remote it still has that sketchy freeze screen. Is there a trick to changing the frame rate on the remote in order to have better uploads?

Even when I'm 1000 feet from remote it still has that sketchy freeze screen. Is there a trick to changing the frame rate on the remote in order to have better uploads?
At 100 feet distance you should get good feed. You need a mobile with good processor, min 2 GB free memory, No apps running, may be airplane mode. And most important is that both the antennas should be parallel to each other and also parallel to the flying P3. That should really help.

Video quality also deteriorates if you have signal interference with RC, move to another location, go for 32 channel hack and set channel as 30.

cadams05, can you post some of your footage here so we can see what you're describing?

Is it bad on the SD card?? Sounds like writing-to-SD-card or video-compression glitch. A few days ago here was a clip that fit your description but I didn't readily find that message.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It looks like you might have diagnosed your problem here.

Reactions: Phantom-Four
erm, (P3P video with audio) looks like it is NOT straight from the SD card?
Sorry for my last jumble of words, I was in the middle of something and wasn't able to edit.
What I meant to ask was: if the flickering and slight freezing of the video (on my device screen) mean that it's also going to do that on the SD card edition of the video? Also is there an option that potentially shuts off the upload to the device and that alone could help the flow of video?

Last edited:
It's or straight from the SD card, however to the flickering, etc happens on my monitor as I'm recording live. Would that just be it going to my phone and the actual video to the card wouldn't have that? Is there a way to shut off having it go to my device and is this a good option

... could some speak-english-native translate?

It's or straight from the SD card, however to the flickering, etc happens on my monitor as I'm recording live. Would that just be it going to my phone and the actual video to the card wouldn't have that? Is there a way to shut off having it go to my device and is this a good option

Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying

If this is footage from your phone via the dji go app then sometimes you will have artefacts and glitching as alokbhargava has pointed out. If this footage is what you have copied off of the SD card that you have taken out of the drone and put into your computer then the only reason I can see is perhaps you have a low class card. You should really be using a class 9

If this is footage from your phone via the dji go app then sometimes you will have artefacts and glitching as alokbhargava has pointed out. If this footage is what you have copied off of the SD card that you have taken out of the drone and put into your computer then the only reason I can see is perhaps you have a low class card. You should really be using a class 9
I'm still using the card that it was shipped with.

Dude. Where did the video come from. The SD Card or from the DJI app?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers