Need Help with the Receiver.

Reaction score
Please forgive the repost from the help forum over to here. I haven't had help from anyone on my problem below. It's either no one in the help forum or people haven't done this before. I apologize for not knowing the basics. This is the first time I've installed a receiver and servo. I know if I make one tiny mistake, I could smoke everything. I don't know the polarities and if I need a separate power supply. My kitchen table is cluttered with my P2 and my wife is ready to shoot me. I've read the Futaba book and watched videos. Surprisingly I can't find a thing about this. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

I'm doing pretty good squeezing all the hardware into the P2. Right now I can not figure what I need to do for my retracts.
As you can see in the attached picture of the pinouts on the Futaba R6014FS receiver, I have the original receiver swapped out. I think that part of the receiver upgrade is wired right.... So far. I watched a few youtubes on how to do that. If anyone sees something wrong there please let me know. I haven't confirgured anything in the transmitter radio yet. I do have the receiver matched to my radio.
I'm stumped on how to hardwire my retracts. Both of the servo retracts are going through this little black box and one servo cable comes out to be plugged into WHERE? With a H3-3D Zenmuse, I'm using channels 7, 8, and 9. I don't know. CORRECT? So if that's true then I'm guessing my retracts are CHANNEL 10? Black wire down or up? I assume the polarity needs to be correct. It shows I have it in the channel 10 slot now. I don't know if it's right. The next thing is the two smal red and black power wires coming out of the black box. Do I need another heavy battery to run my retracts? Or can I tie those wires into the P2 power? SOMEWHERE? Next thing is programming. That's another story though.
Any help y'all can give me is highly appreciated. Please help. I've read and watched videos all day and I can't find a dang thing on it. I'm STUCK!

What pics?

Sorry. Forgot to move the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 526
I am sure there are knowledgeable folks here who would know what your talking about. As its no longer a Phantom you might get more responses on Futaba threads at the likes of Rcgroups

IrishSights said:
I am sure there are knowledgeable folks here who would know what your talking about. As its no longer a Phantom you might get more responses on Futaba threads at the likes of Rcgroups
Thanks for the reply back.
I'll give that a shot also.
I know there must be others out there that have done the same upgrade. Please chime in also.
Thanks

Crank said:
IrishSights said:
I know there must be others out there that have done the same upgrade. Please chime in also.
Thanks

Helifreaks is also a place that has a huge following if No one here has experience with this setup...

Buckaye said:
Crank said:
IrishSights said:
Thanks

Helifreaks is also a place that has a huge following if No one here has experience with this setup...
Serious!? Sorry, I thought this was a big thing here. My bad.... I'll give that a shot also. Thanks.

Crank said:
Buckaye said:
Crank said:
IrishSights said:
Thanks

Serious!? Sorry, I thought this was a big thing here. My bad.... I'll give that a shot also. Thanks.

Not saying you won't find someone with the answer here... Just trying to get you a few extra places to check. Helifreaks has thousands of people online at any given moment whereas this is a bit more of a niche forum that's all...

Helifreaks is also a place that has a huge following if No one here has experience with this setup...[/quote]
Serious!? Sorry, I thought this was a big thing here. My bad.... I'll give that a shot also. Thanks.[/quote]

Not saying you won't find someone with the answer here... Just trying to get you a few extra places to check. Helifreaks has thousands of people online at any given moment whereas this is a bit more of a niche forum that's all...[/quote]
No problem. I appreciate the help.
The people here are fantastic especially when it comes to DJI equipment and related accessories. They have helped me many times recently. I could not have gotten where I am now.

Channel 8 is available for your retracts. The P2 and gimbal are on the lower 7. Run the S-Bus cable to the Phantom as normal and then connect channel 8 to your retracts. You'll need to program your TX to reflect that.

ianwood said:
Channel 8 is available for your retracts. The P2 and gimbal are on the lower 7. Run the S-Bus cable to the Phantom as normal and then connect channel 8 to your retracts. You'll need to program your TX to reflect that.
Thanks for your reply.
I'm running a H3-3D gimbal. Doesn't' that take up channels 7,8,9????? Does the 3 axis of the gimbal use just channel 7? That would be great!

Crank said:
I'm running a H3-3D gimbal. Doesn't' that take up channels 7,8,9????? Does the 3 axis of the gimbal use just channel 7? That would be great!

Gimbal uses 1 channel which is for tilt control.

ianwood said:
Crank said:

Gimbal uses 1 channel which is for tilt control.
Let me get this straight in my head... One channel for all three axis. Pitch, Tilt, Yaw?

Only the tilt is over radio, yaw and pitch are all onboard communication

IrishSights said:
Only the tilt is over radio, yaw and pitch are all onboard communication

Ok. Now I understand. Thanks.
Sorry guys... This is all new to me. :D In time... In time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers