Need help with Phantom 1 "death"

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1 that was flying well and then suddenly gave the error message "TX stick(s) mid point error too big" (4 red LED's) and would not restart. Tried recycling transmitter/controller and power to unit, problem persisted. Installed latest Win driver and assistant software. When attempted to connect to quad USB after first powering up transmitter and then the unit/controller, I was unable to establish connection to the unit/controller. Changed to new, fully charged battery, uninstalled and reinstalled driver and NavaM software, have last/latest firmware installed in the unit. Now when I attempt to connect, when I connect the battery to the quad controller pigtail, I get no LED's and a continuous beeping and am still unable to establish a connection to assistant software. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
John

After updating the firmware on the unit, you also need to re-apply the default Phantom settings file found on DJI's download page for the P1. Once you do that, double-check in the "Aircraft" tab to make sure the motor configuration is set to "Quad-Rotor X" and then do the sticks calibration on the "RC" tab.

Also, do you know which version of the P1 you have? Does it have 1 antenna or 2?

Thanks very much for the replies. I will certainly apply the suggestions, but a challenge at the moment is that despite doing what I described in the initial post, the NavM Assistant software does not see the quad when connected via the USB cable on the quad. Once I can make that happen, I can proceed with the other suggestions. Is there something else I can try to establish communication?

johnbt said:
Thanks very much for the replies. I will certainly apply the suggestions, but a challenge at the moment is that despite doing what I described in the initial post, the NavM Assistant software does not see the quad when connected via the USB cable on the quad. Once I can make that happen, I can proceed with the other suggestions. Is there something else I can try to establish communication?
Did you download and install the drivers package?

Sometimes the P1 can be tricky to get connected to a PC via USB...I had to unplug the stock grey USB cable inside from the port on the LED board, and connect my extension from the PC straight in to that before I could get it recognized, I think either the cable or the port weren't making a good connection. Others have reported having to go through similar steps to get it connected.

If a previous answer appears, I apologize. I have installed the latest driver twice, even uninstalled it and reinstalled. Same with the Assistant software. I appreciate the suggestion about plugging USB directly into the P1's board and will try that tomorrow and report back. With no response at all, it certainly seems to be a connection/wiring issue. Had no crashes, but had moved the USB pigtail in and out of the housing several times and may have pulled it loose. My other question is whether anyone knows what the continuous, repeated beeping that occurs when I attach the battery to the P1 means? I can't find it in any of the online manuals. It gradually fades away after 20 seconds or so. On power up, no LED's illuminate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues