Need Help with Phantom 1 Battery Protection Levels Problem

Reaction score
I am new with this forum and this is my first post. I have had a Phantom one for almost 6 months and I have 3 batteries. Just recently it started having a problem. I would take off (All fine on the ground) and once the phantom got off the ground, I would get low voltage blinking (1 green, 3 red) and then it would auto land. I do have a gimbal set up with a GoPro. I was looking at Naza and it shows that the battery protection level 1 and level 2 have the same drops and loaded/unloaded levels. I have virtually no clue what these levels default to and what should change with a gimbal setup. I have tried all 3 batteries and it has the same problem so it wouldn't make sense to be a battery problem. I turned off this protection just to try it and it flies normally but I don't feel comfortable not having this protection. I have been bummed because I couldn't find anything to help. Thanks for whoever helps! :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You seem fairly certain that your flight batteries are all healthy because they all act the same way.

Have you ever actually measured your battery voltages (one cell at a time) BEFORE and AFTER flight?

LiPO's are strange beasts and just one unhealthy cell can cause a quicker than normal low battery warning to get triggered.

Buy a lipo tester like in the below link and check individual cell voltages before AND after flight. Don't do the after flight check immediately. Wait several minutes before taking readings. .
1S 8S Li Po Lithium Battery Voltage Tester Checker Indicator Buzzer Beeper Alarm | eBay

Look for 1 or 2 cells with noticeably different voltages ... that's a good indicator that the battery maybe starting to go bad.

Lastly:
Take a look at the posts in the below link......there are some very helpful comments here about changing battery level warning levels. ElGuano's posts are particularly helpful.

Naza low voltage settings. | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: Midwestquads
I'm pretty sure low battery is slow red flashing, critical is fast red flashing on p1.

1 green 3 red sounds like something else to me.

Correct, Low voltage warning + auto land = flashing red (slower/faster).

Green + 3 red flashes sounds like GPS issue. Missing satellite signals.

Bookmark this page for future reference - Phantom-LED Indicator Description - DJI Wiki

My bad, I tested it yesterday just to see and it did not have a green light with the flashing red. I just bought a new battery and a voltage tester. I am going to try this battery to see if it is actually the batteries or the protection levels. Thanks for the feedback, I'll get back to you to see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan