Need help with new ipad

Reaction score
Just bought a new ipad mini.
In order to set it up, they now force you to go online and use itunes.
Ok fine.
Just one big problem I can't get by. AUTOCAPS!
I can find no way to enter a small letter as the first letter without the blasted thing insisting on making it caps.
Tap "a" get "A". I don't want "A" as the wifi login is case sensitive.
So if any one recently bought an ipad mini how did you get logged in to set it up?

Click the shift key, should do it unless it is different for registration. Is the option key there?
My key is all lowercase and I have never had an issue.

Tried that. It still gives me a cap.
Now the blasted thing thinks I've got the information it needs and tries to automatically login and of course, that fails.

In settings ...in General...you should see Enable Caps Lock . Change that and see if that fix's ya
Left out go in keyboard .

The keyboard on all iOS devices is always all caps. The output of the keyboard is not though. The first letter will sometimes auto cap. Just hit shift to change it.

Reactions: dirkclod
The keyboard on all iOS devices is always all caps. The output of the keyboard is not though. The first letter will sometimes auto cap. Just hit shift to change it.
Mine is also and first letter is also always UC unless I hit the up arrow on the bottom left but not sure that was his problem and
@Suwaneeguy never came back to say if he figured it out .

Do not forget he is in the first stages of registering it, those screen are limited, but he should be able to change from upper case to lower case.

Reactions: dirkclod
I believe you can skip the WiFi setup when initially setting up the iPad then go back and it do it once done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl