need help with CsvView and DATCON

Reaction score
I have obtained the latest versions of both and I have used them before on this computer. But now I am having trouble getting them to work on this computer. running win10 v1703 64bit latest java . When I install them, everything works as it should, I ask for a desktop icon and then respond yes to launch the app. Nothing happens. In fact on this computer , I don't get asked about java, or an API key, nothing. The icon does not appear. The app is listed under "APPS and FEATURES" but it says "unavailable". In "programs and features", it is listed as normal.
I have these same files running on a notebook computer and they work fine. The notebook runs win10 v 1607 and asked me to correct the java and then asked for the API key. I guess I will have to move the big monitor to the notebook in order to do any thing..
Does any one have any idea what might be the issue?
TIA
Kentm

I have obtained the latest versions of both and I have used them before on this computer. But now I am having trouble getting them to work on this computer. running win10 v1703 64bit latest java . When I install them, everything works as it should, I ask for a desktop icon and then respond yes to launch the app. Nothing happens. In fact on this computer , I don't get asked about java, or an API key, nothing. The icon does not appear. The app is listed under "APPS and FEATURES" but it says "unavailable". In "programs and features", it is listed as normal.
I have these same files running on a notebook computer and they work fine. The notebook runs win10 v 1607 and asked me to correct the java and then asked for the API key. I guess I will have to move the big monitor to the notebook in order to do any thing..
Does any one have any idea what might be the issue?
TIA
Kentm

The first thing Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 require for good troubleshooting is a restart.

1. Uninstall the applications from app wizard (right click on start button and click Programs and Features)

2. Hold windows button on keyboard and then press R. In that run box type in %localappdata% and press ok.

3. Clear any folders related to the program you are having trouble with.

4. Open run box again and browse to %programdata% and delete any related folders.

Check for windows updates again. Restart the computer and reinstall the application. Make sure you disable your antivirus/firewall fully when you are diagnosing as sometimes definitions can change and cause a blocking issue.

Please let me know. Take care,

Jesse
K9VXV

The first thing Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 require for good troubleshooting is a restart.

1. Uninstall the applications from app wizard (right click on start button and click Programs and Features)

2. Hold windows button on keyboard and then press R. In that run box type in %localappdata% and press ok.

3. Clear any folders related to the program you are having trouble with.

4. Open run box again and browse to %programdata% and delete any related folders.

Check for windows updates again. Restart the computer and reinstall the application. Make sure you disable your antivirus/firewall fully when you are diagnosing as sometimes definitions can change and cause a blocking issue.

Please let me know. Take care,

Jesse
K9VXV
Jesse,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I think a restart that I had to do the other day has caused the problem. No evidence of those two programs appear in appdata anywhere. Same for programdata files. Disabling virus did not help. I have come to the conclusion that the issue has something to do with java run time.. I have the 64bit version installed. There is an error log displayed immediately upon installing that has something to do with JAVA. I am not smart enough to deduce the problem. The other computer has both 32 and 64 bit Java on it and it runs fine.
I have decided that the only difference here is the later version of Win10 on the computer that doesn't work. My next step is to find the restore point for that update and get the computer back version 1607.
Thanks for your interest.
I will let you know what happens.
Kent

Reactions: K9VXV

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj