Need help with choosing a filter please

Reaction score
I have a trip coming up to Marco Island FL, which is on the southern most tip of the west coast of Florida. Generally very sunny, bright, lots of water. My flying will most likely be mid day when sun is up high. There may be some mid morning and sunset timings too, but its the bright early afternoon sun I am concerned with most.

I've looks a lot at PolarPro Filters and also DJI's own filters. I see there are some other not as popular filters available too.

I feel stuck because I read a ton of the reviews and for a Phantom 4, there seems to be a bit of chatter about the threads not fitting the P4 well for Polar Pro. Polar Pro has the bene for of being polarized however (as well as a little cheaper).

I don't want to invest too much $ into this and get a bunch of filters I don't need. Perhaps one filter to start that is the best value and most versatile. What do you all recommend?

I compared many of the commonly used filters here.

Dont get polarizing filters, for physical reasons they have only a narrow sweet-spot which make them a very poor choice for wide-angle lenses such as the phantom camera. The result will be a gradient across the image that is impossible to fix in post.

I can recommend the PolarPro, they fit well on my P4. If you're not happy with the sets they show on their website you can just send an email to the sales guy, he offered me a 3 filter set of my choice (ND4/8/16, without CP) for the normal price of the other sets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers