Need Help With Black Pearl, ImmersionRC FPV Setup

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMxXQE_UAyQ

I spent about $400 on all of the FPV gear in Ifti Bashir's YouTube video guide (link above), and so far it's been useless. I followed his instructions in the guide exactly and I'm not getting any video from the GoPro showing up on my Black Pearl monitor. I'm only getting the iOSD info.

I tried cycling through all of the channels on the monitor, and also tried switching the channels on the back of the transmitter itself. I tried all of the possible channel combinations. I also double checked to make sure my monitor and camera were both set to NTSC as they should be. I also tried various resolutions on the camera, including 1080p and 2.7K.

My camera is a HERO 4, but I have heard from several people who said that it would indeed work with this setup, so I don't think that's the issue?

Anyone have any ideas?

My full parts list:

- DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter
- H3-3D Gimbal
- GoPro HERO 4 Camera
- Flysight Black Pearl 7 Channel 5.8 Ghz RC801 Monitor
- PnP Cable For DJI Phantom 2 to iOSD Mini and Fatshark/ImmersionRC Transmitter.
- DJI iOSD Mini On Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information
- Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 Ghz A/V Transmitter

You mentioned getting the iOSD info. This would indicate that the immersionrc tx is sending a signal and black pearl monitor is on the same channel and NTSC/PAL settings match.

For the immersionrc tx, with nothing connected to the channel selection connection, mine defaults to channel 1, band F. You should be able to set the monitor to this setting and confirm video from the iOSD.

I would focus then on why no video. I have close to the same setup, difference is a Hero3 with the H3-2D gimbal. Many times I have turn on the hero3 myself. I would check to see that the hero camera LCD screen is displaying that it is in video mode. That would also be something to check, that the default camera setting is video. Next would be enabling recording video.

I would then verify I could read the iOSD info is being displayed on the monitor while recording video. Shut things down and check the video. If the video is valid, that would tend to indicate and issue with the video signal not being sent to the iOSD. Check for a poor connection of the video wire to the iOSD ribbon cable or an issue with the H3-3D gimbal ribbon cable.

Thanks for the reply.

I already verified that the camera was set on video mode, and also tried hitting the record button. The video is also valid when checked.

I'll look at my connections and H3-3D cable next, thanks. Not looking forward to taking all of those microscopic little screws out again, but I guess I don't have much choice.

Deffo an issue with the GoPro wiring to the vT, as said above, if you are seeing the iOSD information, then the vTX, iOSD and receiver are working correctly. As far as i've read, the Hero 4 pinouts are different than other models, so that would most likely be the issue ?

I have the exact same setup as the OP and I can definitively state my Hero4 (Silver) does output video - everything worked right off the get-go.

are you sure the GoPro is in the same pal/ntsc mode as the transmitter/Black Pearl

I replaced the H3-3D Gimbal cable to the camera today with a new one, and that didn't fix it either.

Well some good news, I think I found out what my problem is.

The PnP cable had a defective (disconnected) yellow wire.

I'll post another update when I get a new PnP cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl