Need Help with Antenna gender adapters please...

Reaction score
Hey Guys, almost done with outfitting the F550 with all the video gear, ...BUT having a bit of a problem with all the gender formats. I have a Flysight Black Mamba 2000 mw video transmitter which has an RP-SMA with a pin. The antenna is a VAS Airscrew with a straight SMA connector with a pin. So I thought I would need an SMA female (to accept the pin) to RP-SMA female (to accept a pin) right angle adapter. But when I finally found the adapter, the pic shows one end has a pin.

So that left me totally confused. I used to have this all figured out, but the years have worn on the old brain, so now it ain't that easy any more. Anyone want to take pity on the old dude and try to explain what I need? I really need to get something ordered quickly (patience is worn as well) :rolleyes:. Thanks in advance...

Hey Guys, almost done with outfitting the F550 with all the video gear, ...BUT having a bit of a problem with all the gender formats. I have a Flysight Black Mamba 2000 mw video transmitter which has an RP-SMA with a pin. The antenna is a VAS Airscrew with a straight SMA connector with a pin. So I thought I would need an SMA female (to accept the pin) to RP-SMA female (to accept a pin) right angle adapter. But when I finally found the adapter, the pic shows one end has a pin.

So that left me totally confused. I used to have this all figured out, but the years have worn on the old brain, so now it ain't that easy any more. Anyone want to take pity on the old dude and try to explain what I need? I really need to get something ordered quickly (patience is worn as well) :rolleyes:. Thanks in advance...

Here is a straight and a 90° elbow rf connector. I suggest ordering two connectors and save one as a backup in case it comes apart. I have had that happen with one of mine as they are only press fitted.

SMA Female To RP-SMA Male connect SMA to RP-SMA RF Connector Adapter USA | eBay

SMA Female to RP-SMA Male RIGHT Angle RF Connector Adapter; US Stock; Fast Ship | eBay

Last edited:
To my surprise RadioShack has a lot of sma adapters, you might take your stuff there and see what you can find

Thanks elarryland, but all our ShadioRacks closed up here. Thanks for the quick response anyway.

Here is a straight and a 90° elbow rf connector.

Hey Jason, thanks man, the 90 degree is exactly what I needed. And I have had the same thing happen where it came apart on a hard landing, so I took your advice and scored two. I think the RP-SMA "Male" part is what had me confused. I expected male to always have a pin, but I guess that's where the Reverse Polarity comes in. Thanks a lot for gettin' me out of the ditch...

Thanks elarryland, but all our ShadioRacks closed up here. Thanks for the quick response anyway.

Hey Jason, thanks man, the 90 degree is exactly what I needed. And I have had the same thing happen where it came apart on a hard landing, so I took your advice and scored two. I think the RP-SMA "Male" part is what had me confused. I expected male to always have a pin, but I guess that's where the Reverse Polarity comes in. Thanks a lot for gettin' me out of the ditch...

These RF connector can drive anyone nuts as these manufactures only have a one track minds. They only refer to the ground connection whether a SMA or RP-SMA and forget about signal path between components.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers