Need help with an ERRATIC gimbal

Reaction score
I hope I am working on a problem that has already been solved. However I have searched this sight and found people with similar problems, but no apparent solutions.

My story is.... I bought a bird missing the camera. Then bought a pretty good camera, with minimal physical damage, with a broken cable. Replaced the cable, aligned the roll axis and successfully applied epoxy to the shaft. Sifted through various audible warnings for improperly seated ribbon cable sockets. And know find myself still unable to fly with a workable camera. It has the erratic gimbal behavior similar to this video:

http://youtu.be/nsODMfPj848

I do have a display from the camera. However,I do not have control of the erratic behavior or the tilt or pitch of the camera from the vision app. I inspected the roll board, pitch board and connections several times. Just thinking...Are these boards interchangeable? Made many IMU calibrations and compass calibrations, but still no solutions. It was suggested to me to start changing boards. I know the boards, or should I say the motors work because they move the camera in all directions. Unfortunately its erratic behavior. Ok, I guess I can try that....does anyone know where to secure these boards? Especially the main gimbal board?

Trying to understand....if you press a downward tilt command on the app, its supposed to send a signal to the birds main control board and then to the camera main boards and pitch boards...for specific interpretation of movement. Could it be that my main bird board is messing up. This bird has never be flown so I am reluctant to go there. I have witnessed times when the gimbal settles down and i pick up the bird and roll it, the camera makes an attempt to correct the roll. I purchased a 500x usb microscope and examined the boards. The only thing I discovered was maybe some damage on the main board socket.... like perhaps the tape might have been ripped from that socket.

I have not done a continuity test on the gimbal wire harness. I have visually inspected and don't think that is the issue. I read somewhere someone unplugged various boards, tried that...but only got audible warnings again and no meaningful knowledge. The only other odd thing I've noticed is that each time I take apart the gimbal and connections, it behave differently after reassembly. This could be a testament to my dickering ability.

All that being said....the more I explore my problem, the more I am impressed with the engineering in this P2+ and the wealth of "hard earned" knowledge on this board.

Anyway, hoping someone can point me in the right directions.

thanks Kerry

Re: Is there NO solution to the ERRATIC gimbal

:)
Hi and welcome!
Many more experienced than me here, but I can get you a link!

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31438

MHL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic