Need help whit ftp for control make photo

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2, zenmuse 3h-2d and gopro 3+ black edition. I have use the gopro app for iphone, but its on same mhz 2.4, and interrupt whit the phantom ,same 2.4. its also very short range.
I want to photo for realestate and looking for a fpv for this. I look and read about the
Iosd mini,
Iosd mak
Dji lightbrige
Avd reciver
Black pearl
Botcam
Ground station
Etc….
I want the ftp whit the monitore black pear or what ever to control when I film and take photo. To stop and start.
I can turne on the gopro befoure take of and filming and take photo every 5 second, but the resolution is very low to do so..so how control the gopro for take high resolution photos whit FPV.
Thx
mauritz

mauritz said:
I want the ftp whit the monitore black pear or what ever to control when I film and take photo. To stop and start.
I can turne on the gopro befoure take of and filming and take photo every 5 second, but the resolution is very low to do so..so how control the gopro for take high resolution photos whit FPV.
Thx
mauritz
Unfortunately, I've been told that the functionality you seek is currently impossible. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21292 :( . . .

. . . and this one: http://goprouser.freeforums.org/remote- ... 8117538ede

Apparently you and I are the only Phantom Pilots on earth who see this functionality as useful. Very disappointing :x

ATC Drone Flyer said:
Apparently you and I are the only Phantom Pilots on earth who see this functionality as useful. Very disappointing :x

I think you can blame gopro for this (and part of the reason DJI sidestepped gopro on the P2V/P2V+)...the Hero 3 has limited ability to address the camera controls externally (via port connection).

OI Photography said:
I think you can blame gopro for this... the Hero 3 has limited ability to address the camera controls externally (via port connection).
Dear OI Photography,
Thank you (as always) for your reply and input, however I'm not sure if that statement is 100% accurate. Check this site out: http://cam-do.com/ . They sell all kinds of interesting gizmos for the GoPro. Such as:
Programmable Schedulers
Time Lapse Intervalometers
Motion Detectors
Video Monitor Adapters
Battery Eliminators
Single Button Remote Controllers
etc., etc., etc.

If only I where an electronics engineer, I would have built something already. But I'm not giving up on this yet. There is a wealth of information here - http://goprouser.freeforums.org/gopro-i ... g-f23.html - but I'm a busy guy, and the Phantom Pilots Forum is not the only one I subscribe to / participate on. Reading (and comprehending) hundreds (if not thousands) of forum posts can take a long time if you only have a few hours a day to devote to the task. :(

ATC Drone Flyer said:
OI Photography said:
I think you can blame gopro for this... the Hero 3 has limited ability to address the camera controls externally (via port connection).
Dear OI Photography,
Thank you (as always) for your reply and input, however I'm not sure if that statement is 100% accurate. Check this site out: http://cam-do.com/ . They sell all kinds of interesting gizmos for the GoPro. Such as:
Programmable Schedulers
Time Lapse Intervalometers
Motion Detectors
Video Monitor Adapters
Battery Eliminators
Single Button Remote Controllers
etc., etc., etc.

If only I where an electronics engineer, I would have built something already. But I'm not giving up on this yet. There is a wealth of information here - http://goprouser.freeforums.org/gopro-i ... g-f23.html - but I'm a busy guy, and the Phantom Pilots Forum is not the only one I subscribe to / participate on. Reading (and comprehending) hundreds (if not thousands) of forum posts can take a long time if you only have a few hours a day to devote to the task. :(

Yeah I've looked at cam-do.com, but unless I'm mistaken all of their options are limited in what they can do on a Hero3/3+....basically they can just turn the camera on. Any actions beyond that take hacked firmware on the camera. Or at least that's what I understood from my not-deep read of the details.

Alternate remote control methods for the H3/3+ are a nut that many have tried to crack, but all seem to run in to the same brick wall. Readymaderc and others even sell a gopro adaptor/trigger that goes in the back port (USB is 100% no bueno for control input), but they're all still restricted the same (on/off is the only control available): http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1400

OI Photography said:
Yeah I've looked at cam-do.com, but unless I'm mistaken all of their options are limited in what they can do on a Hero3/3+....basically they can just turn the camera on. Any actions beyond that take hacked firmware on the camera. Or at least that's what I understood from my not-deep read of the details.

Alternate remote control methods for the H3/3+ are a nut that many have tried to crack, but all seem to run in to the same brick wall. Readymaderc and others even sell a gopro adaptor/trigger that goes in the back port (USB is 100% no bueno for control input), but they're all still restricted the same (on/off is the only control available): http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1400
Thanks again OI Photography,
Hmmm, not very encouraging news :( . Oh well, like I said before, I haven't given up yet. Obviously, it is unlikely that I will discover/devise/develop a solution to this problem in the next week or even a month, but if I do make any progress at all, I'll be posing it here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21292
Based on the number of posts you have contributed to this forum, you obviously spend more time on here that I do. If you happen to make any new discoveries along these lines, I hope you will share them with those of us who are interested in this sort of capability.

Best wishes to you :!:

ATC Drone Flyer said:
Best wishes to you :!:

And to you as well! I honestly would love to see you succeed at finding a viable option for that...it would probably line your pockets a bit too lol. I know working against something restricted by firmware is always an uphill battle.

Ignore my post count please...I've been here almost a year now, and I obviously can't help myself ;)

Thanks ATC Drone Flyer and OI Photograpy for the fast replay. dont want to spend more for new camera.. guess I got to make photo in blind, and land..look photos and take of again for more photos if the first fly was bad pictures..
I will now look your links..
thx pilots !!!

so if use FPV I could put the gopro to film, or put it on photo what I want to do. Lets say 27k take a photo every 10 second, but I can see in the FPV that Iam in the frame fore the house that I take picture on, and just take a few shot when I see its a good frame.
it will be many pic, but ok...will that work?
and what do I need to buy to do this?
I know I cant take photo when I want..but put the cam every 10 sec. but if see the frame is ok...
what you think I should buy for my phantom 2, zenmuse 3h-2d, gopro 3+ black edition.
sorry for my english...thx bro.

Mauritz

don't forget the GoPro Black has a video + photo mode... it can record video and every X seconds snap a still photo... although most people just say why bother with that, just screen cap from your video recordings

mauritz said:
so if use FPV I could put the gopro to film, or put it on photo what I want to do. Lets say 27k take a photo every 10 second, but I can see in the FPV that Iam in the frame fore the house that I take picture on, and just take a few shot when I see its a good frame.
it will be many pic, but ok...will that work?
and what do I need to buy to do this?
I know I cant take photo when I want..but put the cam every 10 sec. but if see the frame is ok...
what you think I should buy for my phantom 2, zenmuse 3h-2d, gopro 3+ black edition.
sorry for my english...thx bro.

Mauritz
Assuming that I understand everything you are trying to say, the short answer is YES.
All the items in your purchase list looks good also, however you don't have a Video Transmitter, Video Receiver or Ground Station Video Monitor on your list. Can I assume you already have those items?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj