Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Need help whit ftp for control make photo

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by mauritz, Aug 8, 2014.

1. mauritz

I have a phantom 2, zenmuse 3h-2d and gopro 3+ black edition. I have use the gopro app for iphone, but its on same mhz 2.4, and interrupt whit the phantom ,same 2.4. its also very short range.
    I want to photo for realestate and looking for a fpv for this. I look and read about the
    Iosd mini,
    Iosd mak
    Dji lightbrige
    Avd reciver
    Black pearl
    Botcam
    Ground station
    Etc….
    I want the ftp whit the monitore black pear or what ever to control when I film and take photo. To stop and start.
    I can turne on the gopro befoure take of and filming and take photo every 5 second, but the resolution is very low to do so..so how control the gopro for take high resolution photos whit FPV.
    Thx
    mauritz

2. ATC Drone Flyer

Unfortunately, I've been told that the functionality you seek is currently impossible. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21292 :( . . .

. . . and this one: http://goprouser.freeforums.org/remote- ... 8117538ede

Apparently you and I are the only Phantom Pilots on earth who see this functionality as useful. Very disappointing :x

3. OI Photography

I think you can blame gopro for this (and part of the reason DJI sidestepped gopro on the P2V/P2V+)...the Hero 3 has limited ability to address the camera controls externally (via port connection).

4. ATC Drone Flyer

Dear OI Photography,
    Thank you (as always) for your reply and input, however I'm not sure if that statement is 100% accurate. Check this site out: http://cam-do.com/ . They sell all kinds of interesting gizmos for the GoPro. Such as:
    Programmable Schedulers
    Time Lapse Intervalometers
    Motion Detectors
    Video Monitor Adapters
    Battery Eliminators
    Single Button Remote Controllers
    etc., etc., etc.

If only I where an electronics engineer, I would have built something already. But I'm not giving up on this yet. There is a wealth of information here - http://goprouser.freeforums.org/gopro-i ... g-f23.html - but I'm a busy guy, and the Phantom Pilots Forum is not the only one I subscribe to / participate on. Reading (and comprehending) hundreds (if not thousands) of forum posts can take a long time if you only have a few hours a day to devote to the task. :(

5. OI Photography

Yeah I've looked at cam-do.com, but unless I'm mistaken all of their options are limited in what they can do on a Hero3/3+....basically they can just turn the camera on. Any actions beyond that take hacked firmware on the camera. Or at least that's what I understood from my not-deep read of the details.

Alternate remote control methods for the H3/3+ are a nut that many have tried to crack, but all seem to run in to the same brick wall. Readymaderc and others even sell a gopro adaptor/trigger that goes in the back port (USB is 100% no bueno for control input), but they're all still restricted the same (on/off is the only control available): http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1400

6. ATC Drone Flyer

Thanks again OI Photography,
    Hmmm, not very encouraging news :( . Oh well, like I said before, I haven't given up yet. Obviously, it is unlikely that I will discover/devise/develop a solution to this problem in the next week or even a month, but if I do make any progress at all, I'll be posing it here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21292
    Based on the number of posts you have contributed to this forum, you obviously spend more time on here that I do. If you happen to make any new discoveries along these lines, I hope you will share them with those of us who are interested in this sort of capability.

Best wishes to you :!:

7. OI Photography

And to you as well! I honestly would love to see you succeed at finding a viable option for that...it would probably line your pockets a bit too lol. I know working against something restricted by firmware is always an uphill battle.

Ignore my post count please...I've been here almost a year now, and I obviously can't help myself ;)

8. ATC Drone Flyer

We all have our obsessions. . . I don't judge ;)

9. mauritz

Thanks ATC Drone Flyer and OI Photograpy for the fast replay. dont want to spend more for new camera.. guess I got to make photo in blind, and land..look photos and take of again for more photos if the first fly was bad pictures..
    I will now look your links..
    thx pilots !!!

10. mauritz

so if use FPV I could put the gopro to film, or put it on photo what I want to do. Lets say 27k take a photo every 10 second, but I can see in the FPV that Iam in the frame fore the house that I take picture on, and just take a few shot when I see its a good frame.
    it will be many pic, but ok...will that work?
    and what do I need to buy to do this?
    I know I cant take photo when I want..but put the cam every 10 sec. but if see the frame is ok...
    what you think I should buy for my phantom 2, zenmuse 3h-2d, gopro 3+ black edition.
    sorry for my english...thx bro.

Mauritz

11. QYV

QYV

don't forget the GoPro Black has a video + photo mode... it can record video and every X seconds snap a still photo... although most people just say why bother with that, just screen cap from your video recordings

12. ATC Drone Flyer

Assuming that I understand everything you are trying to say, the short answer is YES.
    All the items in your purchase list looks good also, however you don't have a Video Transmitter, Video Receiver or Ground Station Video Monitor on your list. Can I assume you already have those items?