Need Help Understanding Assist. Battery Settings

Reaction score
I thought is understood the term "load" in the Assistant software as being voltage drop between motors running at idle and motors running full load. That doesn't seem to be the case.
Can you guys give me the meaning of "load" please? I've read the instructions in the Assistant that say to start flight with a charged battery of known voltage and fly until the first level protection is actived. Then land immediately and take a voltage reading on the battery and enter this in the "load" box in the Assistant. At this point I'm not sure of the next step. Help?

npalen said:
I thought is understood the term "load" in the Assistant software as being voltage drop between motors running at idle and motors running full load. That doesn't seem to be the case.
Can you guys give me the meaning of "load" please? I've read the instructions in the Assistant that say to start flight with a charged battery of known voltage and fly until the first level protection is actived. Then land immediately and take a voltage reading on the battery and enter this in the "load" box in the Assistant. At this point I'm not sure of the next step. Help?

No, you got it right. The Phantom uses "loaded" voltage to determine the low voltage alarm. Load is the drop in voltage of a battery when power is being drawn from it.

There's no real point in determining line loss on the Phantom. The low voltage alarm ONLY cares about loaded voltage, so you should work straight from that. It's USEFUL to know that if you end a flight at 10.7v, when you disconnect the Phantom the battery will read 11.2v, but in flight, all that matters is when it reaches your set loaded voltage of 10.7v.

For "standard" batteries, I'd recommend:

Level 1: unloaded 10.7, line loss 0.0. loaded 10.7
Level 1: unloaded 10.5, line loss 0.0, loaded 10.5.

Try to land when the red lights blink.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1