Need help to understand what happened

Reaction score
I took my new toy p2v+ to a park to practice and learn. After doing a lot of reading and spending countless hours on YouTube I configured my phantom to Naza m and also configured the low battery return home to raise to 150 feet and return home. There's a lot of trees on the park...

After flying for some time, I was notify that 'low batter' that the phantom will return back home. The phantom started climbing up to 150 feet, but just stood there. It stood there until the battery reached 2% and the only way to regain the phantom was to toggle the sw1. And of course descending 150 at 1 meter per second was overwhelming concerning.

Also I do a calibration every time before flying the drone.

What could have gone wrong? Why didn't the drone return home?

My guess would be that it had not recorded the home point. Did you get both sets of fast green flashing lights prior to taking off?

During RTH it waits at altitude for about 15 sec before descent begins.

Possibly a little impatient or anxious on the operators part due to battery status?

This is why I scratch my head when folks say they'll never evoke an RTH event on purpose.

Why not to see what to expect?

I do RTH, CL and HL every time before I start a new mission...I don't know if everyone does but even if I know it has home point set, still makes me feel more confident.

That's good advice really even though I never have done all that.

Just HL is enough for me to be satisfied.

N017RW, you, and most others here are more experienced that I am so I have developed my own routine based on all the reading I have done. It only takes a few minutes, and all I need to see with RTH is that the Phantom returns and starts to descend and then I take control. HL is the first thing I do, then I fly CL (I always orient the nose East, every time) and then I'll do RTH.

Great and 'to each his own'.

As long as you are comfortable that's all that matters.

I just noticed you are in Palm Beach Co! I was just in North Palm Beach on Sunday - lot's of money out there on PGA Blvd. You have the same problem I have here - every place you fly is near salt water!

I just noticed you are in Palm Beach Co! I was just in North Palm Beach on Sunday - lot's of money out there on PGA Blvd. You have the same problem I have here - every place you fly is near salt water!

Got lot's of fresh (though it's brown) and brackish water too!

...and Pythons within a few miles....and more sharks...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.