Need help shooting video

Reaction score
I recently set up my Phantom 2 with a Tarot V2 Gimbal with FPV and all. I shot some video and have been noticing some slight jitter it's not a jello effect but a just some minmal jitter that becomes more noticeable when focusing on the horizon. Here is the video I shot. http://youtu.be/yTKsoObWgGA Is there anything I can do to get rid of this jitter or is this just normal as a result of the vibrations from the phantom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dano7602 said:
I recently set up my Phantom 2 with a Tarot V2 Gimbal with FPV and all. I shot some video and have been noticing some slight jitter it's not a jello effect but a just some minmal jitter that becomes more noticeable when focusing on the horizon. Here is the video I shot. http://youtu.be/yTKsoObWgGA Is there anything I can do to get rid of this jitter or is this just normal as a result of the vibrations from the phantom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This question usually triggers 1 billion answers... I know that 50 different are going to follow but here is mine: This jitter is actually your shutter working at hi-speed to compensate the sun light when it's powerful on the sides or when you're facing it. (same cause as the so called "prop shadows") To remove, or attenuate greatly this undesirable effect, install an ND filter on your lens. The shutter will slow down and goodbye jitter. I have seen videos about it, with and without, and it works. I got a 0.9 Tiffen 37mm with adapter to install on my GoPro to check it for myself. I'm sure this is the right answer but I still have to try it.

My ND filter should be here tomorrow I am hoping that solves my problem. I have tried everything puttiing rubber washers and 3m foam tape under mount, gimbal is tuned in perfect still get jitter. Hoping the ND filter solves my problem. WIll let you know if it does. Thanks for the response.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl