Need help repairing broken socket on OFDM receiver module

Reaction score
All

Wind blew my P3A into a tree and it immediately fell to the ground. Busted the roll arm on the camera. I repaired that but had no video on my controller. I checked the connections to the receiver module and found that the six pin socket that accepts the wire from the camera was broken. See the attached photos of the pcb and socket. It looks like the connections lifted entirely off of the board.

I can solder but am uncertain of whether I should personally attempt to repair this. If the solder pads were still connected to the pcb I think I could do it.

I checked with the main drone repair shop here in Austin and they don't do board-level repairs.

I am looking for advise to guide me through this repair or the name of a repair shop in Austin that could handle this for me.

Thanks
Rob

Attachments

• p3a_rcvr_mod_pcb.PNG
    p3a_rcvr_mod_pcb.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,929
  • p3a_rcvr_mod_socket_back.PNG
    p3a_rcvr_mod_socket_back.PNG
    80.7 KB · Views: 894
  • p3a_rcvr_mod_socket_underside.PNG
    p3a_rcvr_mod_socket_underside.PNG
    111.1 KB · Views: 852
If your competent with a soldering iron the most difficult part will be restoring the mechanical connection. Idnget the tabs back as good as you can and consider a little epoxy. Just line up the broken straps and solder them together the pad connections seem good on the board with the exception of one looking a bit iffy that may need a bit if heat.

looks like the pads have been removed with the connector. I crashed this weekend and run into the same issue., where the OFDM Connector was ripped off the board, 3 pads and all. looks like your s has all pads removed. I followed the pinouts on this page DJI Phantom 3 camera wiring diagram - RC Groups to help me with mine... but have not tested it. I require a ribbon cable for my gimbal... so have to wait for 4weeks to get that... :(

Same thing happened to mine and I tryed to fix it with no luck I bought the board from a wreck on eBay for $90

Same thing happened to mine and I tryed to fix it with no luck I bought the board from a wreck on eBay for $90
Hello, Did you find on ebay same version of OFDM ? I need tot change OFDM receiver (that looks like yours) but I find a different version on ebay/amazon > Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced ADV Drone - NEW OFDM Receiver Module (Part 35) -: Camera & Photo

Do you have any idea if my drone will work with this different OFDM?

You cand see pictures with my broken OFDM here : Different OFDM on my Phantom 3 Advance EU version ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Same problem as everyone else. Need to repair or replace my ofdm recvr board. I cant find one for the se only the pro or advanced. Anyone know if soldering works or not. How about the boards for a pro or advanced will they work in an SE. I've attavhed pictures of the damaged connection and the good connection.
20180217_181352.jpg
20180217_181357.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic