Need help.... removing micro SD card from P4

Reaction score
I have a fairly new P4 and have about 10 flights with no issues. I upgraded to a 64k micro SD card and have removed it a couple of times without any issue. Today, I did a flight in some pretty stiff winds just to see what limits I might have should I need to fly in such conditions. The winds were 10-15 mph with gusts to 25 mph. Drone did fine and I was careful to keep it in line of sight while doing so. Flew out to close to a mile and did some video and the RTH to get her back. Came back with no issues either. After I landed it and powered down, I decided to remove the micro SD card so I could view it on my computer. I push gently on the card as to move it in so the spring would allow it to come out after it unlocked inside. It didn't slide back out at all and remains inside the slot. It's too far to get my fingers on it and I don't wanna try any tools to pry it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove without damaging the slot or the drone???

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Happened to me, used two sewing needles or clothing needle pins, they are sharp enough to stick slightly in the plastic of the SD card at an angle and pull out.

Tweezers would work, I have some really fine tipped ones that come to a point that would do the job, you can find them in your big-box stores in the cosmetics area. Sounds like a warranty repair is in your future :(

I had a similar problem today. I bought a 32G micro SD to replace the 8G on my P3S. The 8G was jammed hard in... I finally used an exacto knife to back it out a bit, and it came out easily with just fingers then. When I put in the 32G, it did what it was supposed to do, the spring latch worked. The 8G was what came with the P3S, so I'm wondering if DJI gave us faulty micro SD cards (lowest bidder)...

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

My card sticks when it's cold. As soon as the body warms up it pops out no problem.

I have the exact opposite problem, Mine fires out like a rocket.

Thanks folks, I was able to finally get it out by using a little patience and the tip of some tweezers I had here at home. I tested the spring in the slot and it seems to work properly. I went ahead and loaded the card again and it came out right away this time. At least I know I can get it without damage. I appreciate all of the responses to my request.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues