need help re: battery failsafe, and gimbal questions

Reaction score
Hi! Just got my phantom 1.1.1 a few days ago.

I'm wondering about the battery low failsafe mode. I thought it is supposed to return to home before landing. I am definitely in GPS mode and getting a good home lock before flying. But when battery low, the phantom just slowly lands where it is, it doesn't attempt to fly 20 meters up and fly home.

Also wondering if it's necessary to aquire a new home lock and recalibrate compass when changing out into battery #2, or if it will remember that info from the first battery.

Next question: Gimbals? How hard are they to install? I'm looking for cheap and easy as possible to get me better video on my gopro. I heard that you have to upgrade the board and do wiring. I don't need to be able to remotely tilt the camera, I just want the camera to be more stable, will I still have to do the board upgrade??? Or is that only to remotely tilt the gimbal?

Thanks!

if you keep flying while battery is low and you dont attempt to fly it back to yourself the phantom will just attempt to land itself wherever it may be

so if your high up in sky at time you have a big problem best thing to do is keep a eye out for flashing red lights are ger yourself a lipo alarm as that will also have a flashing light and a very light beeber alarm best bet is to stick it to bottom of the phantom so when your up in sky you can see it

You need to go into assistant software -> Advanced -> FS - and set to "go home & land"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 6.07.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 6.07.19 AM.png
    664.7 KB · Views: 401

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj