Need help Please. Flying near open air concert in the park

MTH

Reaction score
Quick question, I hope.

A city park here in Phoenix, where I usually fly, is having an open air concert. Now the park is divided into two sections. An upper and a lower park, where flying is allowed in the lower part.

I've done a google search and found no city restrictions. Is there any FAA restrictions that would prevent me from flying?

Quick question, I hope.

A city park here in Phoenix, where I usually fly, is having an open air concert. Now the park is divided into two sections. An upper and a lower park, where flying is allowed in the lower part.

I've done a google search and found no city restrictions. Is there any FAA restrictions that would prevent me from flying?
You should avoid flying over crowds. IMO it would probably be best to find a different place to fly on that day, even if you can totally avoid the concert.

Thanks for the reply tj.

Probably what I will do.

Any crowds will be on the upper level of the park. No danger of flying over people. It has been my experience most people avoid the lower section. More desert like and less park like.

And be aware of the haters giving you a hard time and claiming all sorts of rules that you are "breaking".... there is always a know-it-all in a crowd!

Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly participating in the operation, not under a covered structure, and not inside a covered stationary vehicle.

Yeah them pesky rules suck don't they?

/sarcasm

And you can bet that someone would be complaining that that noisy drone was ruining the concert

Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly participating in the operation, not under a covered structure, and not inside a covered stationary vehicle.

Yeah them pesky rules suck don't they?

/sarcasm
He never said he had any intention to fly over people.

From what I understand as long as you were not flying over them and making an effort to not fly directly near them I wouldn't think there would be an issue. Of course you may run into other issues as others have stated but I would think that if you could bring it up and point it in the direction of a concert or people far off in the distance and not directly over them in any way I would think that would be alright? Wouldn't it?

Talked to one of the city of Phoenix park rangers today. First time in a long time I've seen one at this part. He said there would be no problem flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20