need help phantom 3 advanced

wow good point. so what do you use for props ? has to be something little better
The standard (as supplied with drone) have served me well.

I would suggest you familiarise yourself with how the standard props perform getting some flight hours and experience before exploring other options.

You will be in a better position to make informed decisions as to the benefits or otherwise of alternative options then.

I don't think it possible to put props. on wrong motors, is it guys?
You would definitely mess threads on that prop, thankfully, motor shaft/threads are metal
I suspect it requires real determination and perseverance. I have seen it done (at least after it was done). Threads were butchered badly in the hubs of the props but a friend of mine managed to get two on the wrong motors.

So sayeth the man with 15 mins of flying experience....<sigh>

And who has thumbed through the manual....

The best advice I can give you at this point is read, and read again until you really understand, the manual. Ignore the section on doing a CSC to turn off the motors. Simply hold the left stick all the way down for 3 seconds after touch down and they will shut off. Doing it with a CSC will probably result in your Phantom flipping over. Search here for threads on RTH. Understand RTH, and all the little nuances. Lots of people lose their Phantom because they don't truly understand how RTH really works. Altitude is your friend, within reason. Don't try to learn the basics at 10 feet off the ground. Give yourself some cushion. Go up to 75-100 feet or so.. Well, that's it for beginner tips for now. Oh, did I mention to read the manual?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

And who has thumbed through the manual....

The best advice I can give you at this point is read, and read again until you really understand, the manual. Ignore the section on doing a CSC to turn off the motors. Simply hold the left stick all the way down for 3 seconds after touch down and they will shut off. Doing it with a CSC will probably result in your Phantom flipping over. Search here for threads on RTH. Understand RTH, and all the little nuances. Lots of people lose their Phantom because they don't truly understand how RTH really works. Altitude is your friend, within reason. Don't try to learn the basics at 10 feet off the ground. Give yourself some cushion. Go up to 75-100 feet or so.. Well, that's it for beginner tips for now. Oh, did I mention to read the manual?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
.....and watch the DJI Videos.....oh and RTFM! o_O

I don't think it possible to put props. on wrong motors, is it guys?

When I suggested his props where on incorrectly, I did so based on experience with DIY quads, which will do exactly what the OP described if you mount them incorrectly. However, I forgot the P3 has left and right threads and it should be all but impossible to put them on incorrectly. Had I thought of that, I wouldnt even have suggested it. Consider me shocked I got it right anyway. Next we will learn its somehow possible to insert the battery upside down or something?

Reactions: With The Birds
When I suggested his props where on incorrectly, I did so based on experience with DIY quads, which will do exactly what the OP described if you mount them incorrectly. However, I forgot the P3 has left and right threads and it should be all but impossible to put them on incorrectly. Had I thought of that, I wouldnt even have suggested it. Consider me shocked I got it right anyway. Next we will learn its somehow possible to insert the battery upside down or something?
You would be surprise what can do a guy (a friend of mine) that don't know what is a thread and even more that it exist left and right type. Forget to add that this one for sure didn't read the manual.
This guy is an artist when it is matter to edit video, but don't ask him to use a screwdriver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20