Need help on 1.6.40 update. Craft dies when reducing throttle for landing

Reaction score
Hi all, and thanks for reading the post. I bought my Phantom 3 Pro in October and at that time, my dealer loaded all the current software available at that time. I have never changed the firmware until today. I followed all the directions and go a confirm that the change was successful. I also changed the DJI Go app and upgraded the RC.
Here are the updates:
App: 2.5.1
Phantom: 1.6.40
RC: 1.5.70

With the blades off the Phantom, I started the craft and accelerated the left stick. It worked as it is supposed to. Here is the kicker. When I move the left stick backward, the motors turn off. Understand I am only moving the left stick and not both sticks and I and not moving the stick to the right corner, just straight back as you would in a landing configuration. I called the dealer and we tried and tried to figure it out. I don't dare put the blades on this and try to fly for fear it would not land our just take off. So, if any of you or DJI rep sees this post, please provide a fix. Thanks in advance.
my personal email is [email protected].
Phil H.

There is nothing wrong with your Phantom. That's how it works. When on the ground, pulling back on the elevator for 3 seconds will stop the motors.

You can find a lot of useful information in the manual. It's a recommended read :)

Last edited:
It's because the bird knows it's on the ground. It will not do that when your landing. What your doing is the CSC for shutting off the motors after landing.

If you put blades on it and fly it up about five feet off the ground, pull the stick down, and it will land... If you let go after landing manually the blades will idle for as long as you let them. If you pull the left stick down for three seconds it will shut all the motors down.

Also you can start the motors by pulling both sticks diagonally inward and down. Read your manual. It explains it all. There is basically short cuts for shutting the motors off and starting them based on what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Phil H
Who is your dealer? (I'm just curious.)

Me? My dealer usually stands on the corner of 41st and Broadway.... What are you looking for? [emoji12]

I bought my first one from Apple and my second P3P from a guy on craigslist that got it at a holiday party raffle.

I was wondering who the OP was working with.

Phil,

I recommend reading the manual, read it again, and then read it again. Then watch some YouTube videos on Phantom 3 for beginners.

There is nothing wrong with your Phantom. To turn the motors off you are supposed to pull the left stick down all the way until the motors turn off. If you pull the left stick all the way down while the Phantom 3 is in the air the motors will not turn off. The Phantom 3 knows when it is descending and won't turn off the motors until it knows it is on the ground.

If you do both sticks inward and down (CSC) when your Phantom lands it will flip. Do not turn off the motors this way. Only do left stick down until the Phantom 3 is on the ground and then hold the stick down until the motors turn off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie