need help navigating pilot app for p3p on android

Reaction score
I could use some general guidance on how to navigate the app menus, specifically on how to find the calibration for the IMU and gimble. Still haven't flown my new p3p, I want to make sure I fully understand the app

Just click on the icon that looks like your RC transmitter close to the top center of the screen a menu will appear click the top icon that looks like a quad copter then click on sensors in there is the IMU Cal and Info

This is what comes up when I click on the transmitter badge
Screenshot_2015-05-08-16-44-27.png

sorry I just read your title and see you are using android in that case click the top left little box that says Mode that should bring up the Sensors screen..scroll down and see Check IMU and IMU Calibration

I use IOS but should be pretty similar for Andriod, does your screen look like this when you went in to look at the IMU, note the small icons to the left those are your different areas of configuration the second one from the bottom that looks like a gimbal is where you would do the gimbal auto calibration

does your screen look like this when you went in to look at the IMU, note the small icons to the left those are your different areas of configuration the second one from the bottom that looks like a gimbal is where you would do the gimbal auto calibration
Screenshot_2015-05-08-17-40-46.png mine looks completely different, that's what's throwing me off

Just click around in the menus, scroll around, figure it out yourself. Takes at most 3 mins.
My app is looking completely different from every other app I've seen. Not very helpful to tell me to just "click around"

My app is looking completely different from every other app I've seen. Not very helpful to tell me to just "click around"
Considering that fact, is it possible you're on a different version? Perhaps the one from the app store which doesn't fully support the P3? Could it be you're using some obscure tablet running some obscure version of Android? No one here can or will hold your hand from unboxing to flying, so details matter. Keep in mind, this platform is new to all of us...

PS, I clicked around my first time to find it.

Right you don't have the menu and I don't see how to access the gimbal settings without it....let me look around a bit more see if i can find it for you....

Considering that fact, is it possible you're on a different version? Perhaps the one from the app store which doesn't fully support the P3?
see this is helpful, I was not aware that there was a version of the app that doesn't support the p3. I'm using a note 3 with the dji pilot app version 1.0.10. There are no updates available on this app for my phone

see this is helpful, I was not aware that there was a version of the app that doesn't support the p3. I'm using a note 3 with the dji pilot app version 1.0.10
That's your problem. Get the new one from the dji p3 download site, v1.1.0. Don't have the link handy .
PS it works both ways. More info = better help ;)

I'm not quite understanding your hostility. Did I do something wrong by asking questions on a help forum?
Absolutely no hostility intended! What if you brought your car to a shop and said it's making a weird noise and the tech asked when you changed your oil last? If you said 2 years and he said "that's your problem", do you find that hostile? If so, good luck. If not, you agree, do what's required and go drive again.

Sheesh.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic