NEED HELP! LOSING SIGNAL AT 1 kilometre

Reaction score
Hi guys hope someone can help! I've had a p3p for 3 months now. Love it till recently I'm getting signal loss at between 1 and 1.5 kilometres. ( both rc and hd) It use to go 3 kms easy! And the signal drop is very rapid from five bars to four bars then bang red screen signal loss. Aircraft has always RTH but I don't get signal back till its 10 feet away and nearly landed. I believe it started before the last firmware update. I've tried reinstalling go app, firmware on everything, relinked RC, recal IMU and gimble. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Have you tried the 32 channel WiFi hack? Helped extend my range, I stick with channel 31.

Are you just loosing just the fpv view? is your maps still being updated, is your telemetry still being updated? Do you still have RC control with line of sight?

Yes I have the hack and have tried channel 32 and auto. Loosing both FPV and RC signal pretty much at same time. They both go from five bars to no signal very quickly. I have signal with line of sight in an open area with minimal interference. I just don't understand why signal drops so quickly and wont reconnect when the aircraft starts RTH and gets closer to me??

Ok, as I read this, earlier, I thought you was loosing signal real close. Actually that may be fair distance considering interference. Now why interference? Things in the are could had changed. I would attempt in a more open area if your not doing that now, Try to do a little flying over water and see if that improves your range. You can always try a different cable from the radio to your tablet. Agree that the five bars go from full to 0 quick.

Flying in the same area I use to get 3kms easy. Only one bar on cell/mobile phone so im guessing there's no cell tower anywhere close. Will try yet another cable if u think that could be it. Will try anything at the moment. Thanks.

Reactions: Darmie
Hope your Signal problem is solved, if not I would suggest downgrading your firmware to (1.7). It seems like lotsa flyers are having connectivity problems with the new 1.8 firmware. Good luck.

No not fixed went out earlier same ****. Lucky to get 1000 metres then bang no signal rc or hd!!!! Could it be only one antenna working??
Will consider roll back to 1.7 although no idea how to do it.
Thanks for your help

Are you flying in an area where leaves are starting to grow on the trees?

As leaves could make a big difference.

No it's Autumn here in Australia. Anymore help would be appreciated. Before I attempt roll back to 1.7

No it's Autumn here in Australia. Anymore help would be appreciated. Before I attempt roll back to 1.7
Maybe autumn has something to do with it. The chemistry of a leaf changes in every season. In autumn, the sap of the trees draws away from the leaves, and they become something different than in summer. Of course, this doesn't mean anything if the leaves have dropped...LOL

Maybe autumn has something to do with it. The chemistry of a leaf changes in every season. In autumn, the sap of the trees draws away from the leaves, and they become something different than in summer. Of course, this doesn't mean anything if the leaves have dropped...LOL
thats just ******* stupid. The chemistry in the leaves changing color causes signal issues? I think Im dumber just because I read that.

Reactions: sads45
thats just ******* stupid. The chemistry in the leaves changing color causes signal issues? I think Im dumber just because I read that.
No stupid, I didn't say the leaves changing color had anything to do with it. But a tree changes in physiology in all seasons. But, you can feel dumber if you want. Cause you really are.

No stupid, I didn't say the leaves changing color had anything to do with it. But a tree changes in physiology in all seasons. But, you can feel dumber if you want. Cause you really are.
funny-Bill-Nye-Science-guy-meme-cool-guy-funny-meme-1.jpg

I am also in Australia. My issues is related to new fw 1.8. And I am stuck and not able to downgrade. I got rc lost connection for first time at around 900meters. I had another flight in the same area and got more than 3000 meters but with fw 1.6

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav