P3 Firmware Need Help! - Litchi 3.9.2 on Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
I have a question and a concern regarding the use of the Litchi App. I have never installed Litchi, but look forward to doing so.

Basically, I need to know if someone has used a "current" Litchi App in concert with OLDER Phantom firmware.

The instructions on the Litchi site indicate I should have the latest firmwares, but, by choice, I do not want the latest DJI Firmware (it works perfectly as is, and I do not want to introduce or risk any problems, let alone new or erroneous airspaces - THAT is my responsibility, not DJI's).

Will the following firmware work with the Litchi App 3.9.2 currently sold on Google Play?

Phantom P3 Advanced
Aircraft firmware 1.4.10
Controller firmware 1.3.20
The DJI GO App I use is version 2.1.0
(This is the version that brought on POI, 2K video, etc, and controller and battery update; and these work really well)

If it matters, the Android device I use is quite powerful and has plenty of processing memory, has the GPS and Wifi of course but no data, and has been flawless in use after a year using DJI Go (it is a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 enhanced, and runs Android version 4.4.2).

---------
NOTE: I have asked the exact question to Litchi Support, and their reply was the following (bottom line, they do not know for sure):

We cannot guarantee it will work, and would not recommend using anything except the latest DJI firmwares.
It is not possible for us to test older firmwares.

Any thoughts or experience with NEW Litchi coupled with OLD P3A firmware? Success or failure?

Last edited:
I haven't updated my P3A for 3 months, & I;m using the current , updated Litchi almost everyday.
Until today, overnight we got hit hard- about 16" of blowing, blinding snow

I haven't updated my P3A for 3 months, & I;m using the current , updated Litchi almost everyday.
Until today, overnight we got hit hard- about 16" of blowing, blinding snow

Thanks you! Can you take a look at your Go App next time you are connected, and tell me what version of firmware shows for your aircraft? It is under Settings > About.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers