Need help in Sydney Australia

Reaction score
I just bought a Phanton Vis 2 but im having problems with it. Is there anyone in Sydney Australia who would help me with it? I will travel to you for some help.
Cheers Mick

What problems are you having? I have the original Phantom 2. Otherwise call Camzilla in Lindfield they are really helpful.

gday fellas,
Im only new to the PV2. This is only my 2nd day trying it out and with the weather as it is going outside is a bit hard with the rain. But im having probs calibrating the compass. I go through the quick start procedure and most of the time i cannot get the yellow lights to stay on to commence the first calibration. But if i get past the first stage and the 2nd vertical stage i cannot get the yellow lights to disappear. They continue slow blinking yellow.
So to recap, if i get past the horizontal calibration the green lights appear, then i try to calibrate in the vertical plane but the yellow lights come on and stay flashing slowly.
I can start the props and fly/crash lol .

michaeljp said:
gday fellas,
Im only new to the PV2. This is only my 2nd day trying it out and with the weather as it is going outside is a bit hard with the rain. But im having probs calibrating the compass. I go through the quick start procedure and most of the time i cannot get the yellow lights to stay on to commence the first calibration. But if i get past the first stage and the 2nd vertical stage i cannot get the yellow lights to disappear. They continue slow blinking yellow.
So to recap, if i get past the horizontal calibration the green lights appear, then i try to calibrate in the vertical plane but the yellow lights come on and stay flashing slowly.

Are the rear lights flashing green before you take off? When you look at your phone, how many satellites is it connected to? Calibration: When you flick the RHS switch on your controller (ie up and down quickly 6 to 10 times, finishing back into the up position) do the rear lights glow constant yellow?

Do not, fly until you have calibrated everything properly.

Compass calibration is easiest to do after the Phantom has pulled in enough satellite connections and has recorded its home location. Do it outside, away from all metal (a grassy field is ideal). Confirm the yellow light is on, rotate it until you get green, put it on its nose, then rotate until the light goes out.

Doono said:
michaeljp said:
gday fellas,

Are the rear lights flashing green before you take off? When you look at your phone, how many satellites is it connected to? Calibration: When you flick the RHS switch on your controller (ie up and down quickly 6 to 10 times, finishing back into the up position) do the rear lights glow constant yellow?

The rear lights are not flashing green when I've taken off. Satellites, i haven't looked at the phone, been to worried about the lights.Calibrating with solid yellow lights, yes sometimes. When i do the horizontal all is ok, but the vertical one doesn't seem to work out, they either flash yellow or red and yellow. Ive only tried all this in my backyard in-between rain showers the past couple of days. Theres trees the house all in the way. I need to go to a park when its not raining and give it a go then. Thanks for your reply

ianwood said:
Do not, fly until you have calibrated everything properly.

Compass calibration is easiest to do after the Phantom has pulled in enough satellite connections and has recorded its home location. Do it outside, away from all metal (a grassy field is ideal). Confirm the yellow light is on, rotate it until you get green, put it on its nose, then rotate until the light goes out.

Thanks mate, ill have to wait till the weather clears up a bit and go to the nearby park. Ive been trying in my backyard between rain showers and the trees, house etc etc must be blocking the satellite reception i think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj