Need help - Gimble leaver problem after firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Hi All,

For the last 8hrs (its now 12:20am NZ Time) I have been trying to work out what has gone wrong with my gimbal control leaver. All was working fine until I upgraded my firmware using the Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.8 (Should have listened to the other half and not upgraded). Its doing my head in to the point I am getting ready to put it in to the skip. I had last used 3.2 and never had a problem and was working great. Now I am worried I take it out side for a flight it will have some other problem.

The leaver sometimes works, If I use it multiple times it get's worse and worse until it wont move up or down, other times it just does not work at all. Is the problem the leaver or the firmware upgrade? I have calibrated the controller as well. I have a Phantom 2 non vision with H33D gimbal.

Any help would be great

Richard

You need to calibrate the X1 switch on your transmitter. Go in the assistant software and go calibrate it. Let us know if that helps.

Hi Jacob, Have done that multiple times same result. If I pull the leaver into the controller it seams to works some of the time. So I am guessing its a leaver problem. How does the leaver work on the inside? and its now (12:56am) :-(

I'm sorry its so late. I had a similar issue. My phantom was set into P2V mode somehow. I had to download a tilt package online. On the inside, its fairly simple. I messed around with it a little before fixing it although, I doubt a upgrade would cause the remote to fail.

One option is to revert to a previous firmware here: http://droneslinger.com/software.html

Did you calibrate the controller and RC assistant first and then agin in assistant software ?

Ill assume you have the new controller.

Uninstall rc11.
Install rc12.
Start rc12 and calibrate all sticks including the x1 tilt dial. Close rc12.
Start phantom assist and calibrate all sticks and the x1 tilt dial. Chose UPGRADE MODE.
Go advance > gimbal. Gain = 5, vert = 0 and horizontal = 0

And what version is your zenmuse firmware? This needs to be up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1