Need help. Gimbal problem!

Reaction score
I have been replacing my gimbal flex cable, and now Im in trouble.

Before the replacement, the gimbal worked, but the videofeed was broken (there was a nick in the cable).

Then I replaced the cable with a genuine Dji cable, and now the videofeed Works, but the gimbal doesn't :-(

The symptoms are:
- No movement in roll and Yaw.
- Pitch moves up and down, up and down continuesly.

I have been going through all the connections, and everything sits tight and neat.

Im not some random dummy. I have been repairing multible Phantom 2 vision+ and Phantom 3 gimbals, but this one gives me headacke.

Can anyone give me a clue to debug or fix this issue?

Thanks!

Seems something is obstructing the pitch movement. If I help it up and down when it initializes, it centers and then works afterwards.

Maybe its the new cable thats more stiff?

Seems something is obstructing the pitch movement. If I help it up and down when it initializes, it centers and then works afterwards.

Maybe its the new cable thats more stiff?

It is way too easy for the ribbon cable to bind up where it winds around the pitch motor shaft. I have had to carefully bend the ribbon where it exits the camera module so that it sits squarely on the camera housing "flat" section. You basically need to duplicate the "bend" of the old ribbon. Hope this helps.
Jim

Sounds like my problem. Had a limp gimbal and replaced the cable last week. Now the pitch control is sketchy especially when cold. Gimbal pitch is definitely stiffer than it used to be. I think I'll disassemble and reassemble to see if ribbon is binding. Wish me luck!

Well, I guess an update is in order :)

I found out the bracket that holds the camera on both sides, was a little bit warped. I tried to straighen it, but without luck. After I replaced it, it worked perfect.

Reactions: enborgstrom
After a partial disassemble, I see the cable is not wrapped around the camera axis perfectly squarely. That may be causing a bit of a bind. I'm leary of trying to pull the ribbon off to rewind it. That glue is pretty strong!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl