Need help getting started!!

Reaction score
Wanting to get into the drones. Not sure where to start. I have a small nano drone that I'm trying to work with in order to get used to flying a quadcopter cuz I have never controlled a helicopter of any sort of plane. I've heard the small drones are harder to fly than the bigger drones. Is that true? If so where can I start. I like the dji phantom 2 plus vision a lot but as well as the phantom 3. Any help is appreciated in getting started.

I'd say once you're able to hover and do nose in hovering you are ready for about anything. I can't say enough about the stability and ease of flight with my P3P. The P3A is just as good and a few dollars less expensive too.

Small nano drones are extremely hard to fly when compared to a Phantom. On the other hand, they are much more durable and far less expensive to repair/replace. Before attempting to fly a Phantom, you should read and understand the Phantom manually fully and do some research to understand how it operates and how to operate it properly. All of the important resources can be found at PhantomHelp.com.

As for which Phantom to buy, I'd recommend the P3A if you like the P2V+ and can spare the extra cash. The P3A is much more advanced than the P2V+. For starters, it has a better remote controller, better app, a better camera, it connects to more satellites, and you can fly further away since it does not use Wi-Fi. When you compare the difference in price, you're going to get more for your money.

I started with a nano quad, then I bought a UDI RC quad for about 120 bucks. It has a small video camera and black foam rings around the props. I taught myself to fly with this. No GPS so it is harder to fly but a very good learning tool. And the camera gave me a taste of areal video. No FPV but still fun. If you ever get into trouble with your Phantom and lose GPS you will need to fly in ATTI mode. Better to learn this on a 120 dollar quad than a 1200 dollar quad.
And yes the hardest part is learning how to control it backwards, nose in. HL and CL kind of takes this away but it is still good to know how. The Phantom is about 10X easier to fly than a non GPS quad, but a little more nerve racking because of fly aways, compass and GPS issues. I never got the UDI quad out to 1200 feet and lost sight of it, like I have with the Phantom. A heart stopping moment the first time it happens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik