Need help downgrading RC from v1.4.3

Reaction score
This is my first post so pls go easy on me guys. I have a P3 Avdanced on firmware v1.1.9+ as shown below.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447281372.819621.jpg

The problem is that the DJI Go app is prompting me to update the aircraft, camera and batter and as a result I have no live feed.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447281817.508430.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447281910.072465.jpg

I'm unable to update my copter even after following the process carefully. So I'm guessing the safest way for now will be to roll back the update on the RC. I've read a lot of posts that suggest that it's possible to downgrade the RC firmware from the latest version v1.4.3 to v1.3
Can anyone here help with the process?? I loaded the v1.3 .bin file on a sub drive and inserted into the RC but there was absolutely no response.

This is my first post so pls go easy on me guys. I have a P3 Avdanced on firmware v1.1.9+ as shown below.
View attachment 35611

The problem is that the DJI Go app is prompting me to update the aircraft, camera and batter and as a result I have no live feed.
View attachment 35612 View attachment 35613
I'm unable to update my copter even after following the process carefully. So I'm guessing the safest way for now will be to roll back the update on the RC. I've read a lot of posts that suggest that it's possible to downgrade the RC firmware from the latest version v1.4.3 to v1.3
Can anyone here help with the process?? I loaded the v1.3 .bin file on a sub drive and inserted into the RC but there was absolutely no response.
I don't think you can downgrade RC firmware as of now. DJI working on that. I think you can get the live feed, go home on your app and enter camera view again. That should work.

I don't think you can downgrade RC firmware as of now. DJI working on that. I think you can get the live feed, go home on your app and enter camera view again. That should work.
After all the upgrades are completed, do a Cold IMU calibration, gimbal calibration and reformat the SD card.

You can update the aircraft and camera thru the gimbal, you have to do 1.3.20 first, then again for 1.4.0010, once you do that, the RC should connect just fine. If you complete all the upgrades and still don't have video, do the "cold" IMU calibration (it fixed my video loss issue) :)

Also, the 1.3.20 firmware file should update all your batteries (before doing the 1.4.0010 firmware)

Bob is right, currently, there is NO WAY to downgrade the RC firmware once you go to 1.4 :( Believe me, I tried everything to get the old firmware in the RC and nothing worked. If you're not careful, you can "brick" the RC... :(

I've tried that but without luck. It appears the gimbal is in a reboot loop, blinking and starting up every 30seconds or so. When I connect the usb cable to it from my pc, it shows up initially, and then (just before the gimbal light blinks rapidly and sounds 3 beeps, D--DD) it disconnects and then connects again.

At 1 time I left the .bin file on the sd card in the gimbal and started up the system overnight to see if it would update, but still no luck. Really confused now.

It sounds like you may have "bricked" it...somewhere on this forum (or DJis forum) is a thread about "forcing" a firmware update on the aircraft...that might be the case??

After all the upgrades are completed, do a Cold IMU calibration, gimbal calibration and reformat the SD card.
More and more people just keep popping up with this "no signal" issue. As I've said before....it's widespread. When I return home from being out of town, I'll try the cold IMU calibration, but so far nothing has helped.

It sounds like you may have "bricked" it...somewhere on this forum (or DJis forum) is a thread about "forcing" a firmware update on the aircraft...that might be the case??
I really hope that is not the case because I followed the instructions religiously, using only the firmware from the dji downloads page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik