Need help buying my first drone.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to the form and this is my first post. I'm looking for a new drone to get into aerial photography for recording fishing videos. Primarily I will be recording myself while fishing but also recording others for their YouTube channels as well. Drones that can fly themselves with a follow me feature such as the phantom 4 and inspire 1 pro are the two that I am considering right now. Without having a dedicated pilot to control the drone while I am fishing, which drone has better automated features. Other things to consider are launching and landing on boats, addition for floats in case of water landings, easy to train the wife and fishing buddies to fly, and portability. Sorry for the long-winded post, I,d love advice from more experienced drone pilots

I don't recommend the Inspire 1 for hand launching/catching on a boat. It would be far more dangerous due to its size and weight.

Phantom 3 Pro or Phantom 4. If you can do without frontal collision detection I would go with the P3Pro (Heaps cheaper than the 4), same camera and like MSINGER said - Inspire too big for the boat launches.

Jason

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Salty. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

If this is your first UAV I would recommend the Phantom 3 Standard for your needs. It has a 2.7k camera. If you absolutely need 4K there is the Phantom 4K. Those would be the least costly, best choices for what you describe.If cost is not an issue, look into the Phantom 3 Pro or the newer Phantom 4.

Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!

Cost isn't really the main issue. Can the any of the p3 be set to orbit a moving boat automatically. I have seen a video of the p4 doing it however I do not know how automatic it really is. I need to set the drone up and put the controller down and fish for say 10 minutes and then land the drone safely on my boat.

My main concern regarding the phantom is the possibility for expansion. I want the drone for fliming videos of myself to start, however, depending on the results I get, I will use it to expand my photography profession. The inspire 1 pro looks to be more adaptable to different missions. However I haven't seen anyone use an inspire drone to automatically orbit a moving boat with no input from the pilot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20