Need Help...Blackened Cam port

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I bought my P2 over in 2014. I have always had video transmission problems, poor quality more that 750 feet. I want to try another transmitter and purchased a immersion 5.8GHz 200mW. I think I may have accidentally connected to he power in reverse polarity. The immersion power wire is switch from my previous noname transmitter. I think this because my CAM port has blacken film around the base of the CAM plug and base of CAM Port. Using a multi meter I have tested the wires for power. Nothing. Any thought on what I should try?

I was able to update the circuit board and fix my video link, with an immersion 200mW transmitter. However still not flying as the controller sticks are reversed. Tried software changes with not success. Suspect a plug inside is misalign or plugged into the wrong port. not sure.. took of 50pictures while updating the circuit board..just not finding the problem or what to go after.

I was able to update the circuit board and fix my video link, with an immersion 200mW transmitter. However still not flying as the controller sticks are reversed. Tried software changes with not success. Suspect a plug inside is misalign or plugged into the wrong port. not sure.. took of 50pictures while updating the circuit board..just not finding the problem or what to go after.

Reversed ? As in throttle on the right ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reversed ? As in throttle on the right ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Sticks switch sides...up and down are on the right and fore and aft on left. Also if I hold down the right stick it shuts off. Not what I would like with defending (like a rock). I have tried Rc and Assistant apps, but not able to switch the sticks. I am worried I accidentally plug a wire is the incorrect place. I will post images of my final config. During the the circuit board update I took 50 some pics, so this would not happen. I grey are was the transmitter plugs and the back of the NAZA box (orange box). Can anyone look at the images and see an error?

Attachments

• IMG_4531 4.jpg
    IMG_4531 4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_4528 4.jpg
    IMG_4528 4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 419
I was able to partially solve my reversed stick. I was using a MAC and the assistant was not showing my option to switch the controller. So I used my OLD pc, downloaded the RC program and was able to select the proper MODE 2. I say partial because the sticks are back to original behaviour except..., if I lock the left stick into its down position the drone will stall and fall to its death. Luckily, I have only bench tested this. I do not recall this behaviour before. Prior to my updates I could place the left stick in the down lock position and the P2 would descend under control. Now the same motion would be deadly. Any thoughts if this can be changed to my original state?

Normally, left stick full down will only shut off motors if altitude is constant (on ground), so that's to be expected if it is sitting on the bench.

+1, jwax is correct.

Testing control response with the quad stationary, tied down, or without props will result in seemingly unusual and unreliable results.

on my controller the left stick locks down and just makes the quad descend at a steady rate, i would use the software for both the TX and the Phantom to calibrate the controller, if its on the deck then the quad knows its not descending and will shut down the motors within 3 seconds as stated in previous posts

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4