Need help binding my Phantom 3 and my remote

Reaction score
Just bought a new remote for my used Phantom 3. It won t bind with the remote( Ebay mistake?). Does anyone have a suggestion?

Try binding it like this:

Reactions: mikecorn1
Where are you running into issues? At what point can you not connect to your Phantom? If possible, could you include a video of you attempting to bind?

I'm having the same problem .New p3 remote won't bind.Linking just keeps timing out.Shows the correct Ssid on wifi.Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is worth note paying attention to the blinking lights while it is binding. It is possible for whatever reason that your receiver is already connected to the old RC. If the status LED's show solid red, try this:

1. Press down the link button for more than two seconds until the LED indicator blinks, then release the button.
2. Push the throttle stick to the lowest position and turn on the transmitter. Then if the LED indicator of the receiver turns off, the link between the transmitter and the receiver has succeeded. (Linking operation can be done only when the LED indicator of the transmitter changes to blinking red .)

Thank you very much. I have a problem now to where it will fly up 4 feet and say signal loss no signal and then safe to fly intermittent every other second,PS this is also a new drone P3std.do I need to start another thread on something like this

Thank you I'll investigate

I´ve purchased DJI Phantom 3 Professional. I unboxed it folowing the instructions but RC doesn´t link the aircraft. I´ve tried to make motors work moving both sticks down and in but don´t run. The dji go app don´t recognize the aircraft either. It detects an Inspire but at phantom3 professional screen shows "how to connect"
many forums recomends to upgrade firmware. is it necessary? I think it should work without upgrading it.
what may i do?

When I first unboxed my P3, I had a similar process.
I´ve purchased DJI Phantom 3 Professional. I unboxed it folowing the instructions but RC doesn´t link the aircraft. I´ve tried to make motors work moving both sticks down and in but don´t run. The dji go app don´t recognize the aircraft either. It detects an Inspire but at phantom3 professional screen shows "how to connect"
many forums recomends to upgrade firmware. is it necessary? I think it should work without upgrading it.
what may i do?
The motors would not start, connectivity issues, etc. Because you have the new, updated version of the app, it counts on both your drone, the RC, and the battery to all be updated so they can all collaborate with each other. So, unfortunately, the best/only way to get your Phantom to function correctly is to update the drone, RC and battery. It is quite a long process (get some earplugs, because it beeps the while time it is updating!), but it is far better than the reduced/nonfunctional occur if you don't update. If you cannot update from the app, download the update from DJI and update it from your microSD.

P.S. If your controller is connected to the aircraft, you should still be able to pivot the gimbal on the aircraft. If it does not pivot, then it is likely that you will need to rebind your aircraft (although this should not be the case).

There are different problems:
1- when i power on the Phantom it blinks yellow and red lights.
2- the DJI app doesn't recognize the model. Doesn't show me camera view button, justo "how to connect" so i can't get into the app to calibrate the aircraft
3- the remote control doesn't link the aircraft but the RC led is green. No motors, and no camera either
It should work fine from factory. Do everybody have to upgrade even on new phantoms?

That is very strange. Could you send me a video of you with an example of all this so I can compare/contrast to my experience?

Hi, I have been doing many tests... dji go app doesn't recognize phantom3 yet.
I think I have to update RC fw but how do I update it manually? No using dji go app?
I attach some screenshot

Attached screenshot

Attachments

• 1457584205691.jpg
    1457584205691.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 758
  • 1457584218998.jpg
    1457584218998.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 789
  • 1457584229004.jpg
    1457584229004.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 636
Hi, I have been doing many tests... dji go app doesn't recognize phantom3 yet.
I think I have to update RC fw but how do I update it manually? No using dji go app?
I attach some screenshot

Put the 1.3 firmware (the last firmware version that your can do this with) on a USB stick, plug it directly in to the remote, start up the remote (not the aircraft) and let it update, you should see blue LED while it's doing this. Once it's done remove the stick and try to reconnect the remote to the aircraft via the Go app, once it connects it should tell you that an upgrade is available for the remote.

Ok. I'll do it.
Just saving fw zip file into the usb stick and plug it in the RC usb Port? Does it auto update?

Reactions: ScopeTech
Ok. I'll do it.
Just saving fw zip file into the usb stick and plug it in the RC usb Port? Does it auto update?

Just follow the link that msinger posted; my recent experience was that because I upgraded the aircraft's firmware to 1.6, but the remote wasn't connected properly and could not update, I then had issues getting it connected at all. So I had to use the manual method to update the remote, instead of using the sdcard in a reader I just used a USB stick to update to 1.3 first and the Go app then updated the remote.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4