Need help analyzing fall from the sky

See if you were hit by a bird the AC would have recovered from it providing there is enough altitude to stabilize for a safe landing. Like when you had a motor failure the AC started tumble down to earth but since you had enough altitude the AC recovered when the motor started to work.
Hawks and eagles have been known to attack drones. In that case it would be more serious than a bird strike. The hawk/eagle will latch on for a while. Some have been known to ride it down. See here:

I can give you an update to my saga with a very happy ending. DJI asked for the flight records for both flights where it fell from the sky and after only a few days they came back and said it was an equipment failure and they have decided to replace the AC 100% AND even included a battery to replace the one lost when the AC sank to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. I ordered the AC last night and also bought an extra battery at the same time direct from DJI since they were so responsive with my saga. I figured since DJI really came through for me the least I could do is buy the extra battery directly from them even if it is a few dollars more than getting it elsewhere.

Overall I have been extremely pleased with DJI's service. Last month DJI replaced my outer shells due to stress cracks with no questions asked and now they have replaced the entire AC after an equipment failure that sent it to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. I really think they have gone above and beyond to make me a happy customer.

It is probably at the bottom of the ocean, the battery is too heavy to wash ashore, it is like a brick.

All you can do at this point is talk to DJI before buying a new bird, they may be able to offer some kind of assistance. I followed a thread about a similar situation and the guy was patient talking to DJI, finally they decided to replace the bird.

Like you mentioned in your post is that if there is a bright side about this unfortunate event is that you were flying in water.

I am sorry for your loss.!! It can happen to any of us.

A friend I fly with said they bought me one of those. Have not seen it yet, but so far I have only flew over water since my front yard is a lake.

But depending on DJI if they say a motor failed or I buy another one, I will never fly over water again without some type of floatation device to keep it from sinking. Never want to go through this again.

What program do you open flight logs in. When I open mine is a bunch of symbols. It makes no sense.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik