Need good music that YouTube won't flag as copy written

Reaction score
I've been using some of YouTube's music with a few of my videos but I really don't care much for it. I rather use something good that I like. I've done a few with music that I've purchased from iTunes but YouTube flags the content as not being able to be shown in some countries and then the preview doesn't come up when I post it on Facebook.

Where can I get some good modern music that will keep YouTube happy?

If it's copyrighted it's copyrighted. YouTube has flagged even obscure music I've used. A few of the videos weren't playable in, like, Germany, but I was OK with that.

People here have posted websites that have music that can beused, but you're pretty much in the same boat. It's going to be original music written for this kind of purpose and not much better than what YouTube provides.

Check out this site. The guy has a pretty impressive library of original music that he has offered for our use, just asks that you give him credit for the music. Soundimage.org

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I thought that I could use the music if I paid for the song. Even if that is the case, I guess they don't know if I paid for it or not. I'll check out Soundimage now.

If you pay for a song you have to make sure you are buying a license that specifically states "Perpetual License For Commercial Use with Non-Attribution" and I prefer that they go a step further and say that it is YouTube safe. When my customers want premium tracks for their projects I use audiojungle, I've never had a content strike on YouTube from anything I got from audiojungle

Some music gets flagged by Youtube but your video won't be taken down. I'm a musician and my streaming revenue is handled through CD Baby. Youtube flags my own videos that have my music, but that just means in this case that I can't monetise the video with my Youtube account (though the money gets to me anyway in a roundabout way). However using something you bought on iTunes isn't going to fly.

You could also search for podsafe music. There are several libraries out there that are used by podcasters for the same reasons.

There are many "Royalty Free" music sites with some offering free music and most offering the music for a one time fee. The site I've used is called Royalty Free Music For YouTube, Film, TV and Websites and most of the stuff I've downloaded was in the $30 range -- not cheap and certainly not free, but they do have some better quality. I don't mind paying a creator (music) for there work, but I guess I'm strange that way...

Brian

I've been using some of YouTube's music with a few of my videos but I really don't care much for it. I rather use something good that I like. I've done a few with music that I've purchased from iTunes but YouTube flags the content as not being able to be shown in some countries and then the preview doesn't come up when I post it on Facebook.

Where can I get some good modern music that will keep YouTube happy?
Hi MassGuy, now before i start i'm not a professional videographer in any way what so ever so please judge lightly but i get my music from off 'sound cloud' and as back ground music its fine, was just asked to do a shoot at a friends house to help sell her property heres the video with the soundtrack

the adds still live with the Estate agent as of May 2017 here.

Rightmove.co.uk

so yes just a nice little music track really does help to paint the picture

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20